Texas Fishing Forum

North Ft Worth/Keller

Posted By: Ryno

North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/21/18 08:14 PM

Hello everyone,
my son and daughter absolutely love to fish. We have a community pond by us but there isn't much in it. We live in Tehama Ridge off 35W.
Does anyone have some local spots to try with bass/bluegill?

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Mitch
Posted By: jbritton76

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/21/18 10:58 PM

Bear Creek Park in Keller is good for perch, bass, and a occasional catfish.

Its a little drive for you, but aint too bad is Chisolm Park in Hurst.
They put about 500 catfish in there friday the 20th. Fishing is usually good the day or 2 after then it is over due to people catching more then their 5 fish limit. They continue this every other friday, till august, then shut down. Then pick it back up in sept-first of nov.

Kapp smith park in watuaga can be hit or miss. When blue gills are active, it will keep you and your kids very busy.
Cool little park.

Also south lakes pond in denton participates in the catfish program and is on the same schedule.

So there are a few options, good luck..

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/22/18 03:55 PM

THANK YOU!
Posted By: RussPrater "Bass Commander"

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/23/18 05:01 AM

Both ponds n tehama ridge have good bass in them. The upper has a good population of small bass and the main pond has good bass as well. Play with different tactics. Wacky worm the dam area

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/25/18 12:08 PM

266 views and only 3 responses..
I think WE can do better than that, lets help this dude out..
fish
Posted By: blooper961

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/25/18 03:11 PM

He is not that far from Eagle Mountain Lake.
Maybe drive to the lake and hit the neighborhood ponds on the way
Posted By: Cast

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/25/18 03:59 PM

Try the boat ramp area in Newark, supposed to be a decent spot.

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/25/18 04:49 PM

Ryno, may sound crazy but sometimes I get on my google earth and look for little bodies of water. Then I zoom in and see if it is accessible, if it is, I try to get a street view. That is how I found Kap Smith park. and Bear creek. I found a lot of little bodies of water around my house in west worth. Some are host towns and others you may get a few bass and blue gill out of.. I live near a closed down golf course, the ponds in it have fish.. In my opinion half of the fun is just scouting it out.. You will be surprised on what such a little body of water will hold.

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/25/18 06:11 PM

Hey guys, thank you very much for the info. I do appreciate it. I've fished those ponds in Tehama but have only seen the occasional little bass caught. My son still talks about the nice 5 pound channel cat he caught on a spinnerbait smile That was a lot of fun to watch. Will give the wacky worm a try for sure.

Funny you suggest Google Earth because Sunday I sat down and did that very same thing. My son thought was pretty fun lol
I found a few ponds bordering a golf course east of 35W, but generally golf course ponds are a big no no.

Is the Newark ramp on Eagle Mountain?

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 04/25/18 11:21 PM

Yes I believe it is..
Posted By: Chatterbait

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 05/22/18 02:01 AM

Not to be a Party Pooper but Tehema Ridge is an HOA deal with No Trespassing Signs for those not residing there.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 05/22/18 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Chatterbait
Not to be a Party Pooper but Tehema Ridge is an HOA deal with No Trespassing Signs for those not residing there.

roflmao
Posted By: horton5303

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 06/05/18 01:20 AM

No thanks to the HOA. Glad i live outside the city limits.
Posted By: LeoL

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 07/04/18 05:23 PM

Go to the east side of 35 and you should have several ponds to choose from.
Posted By: Ragnar Benson

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 07/10/18 07:01 PM

You could try Marine Creek Lake. They have a boat ramp with a dock, and also a public access area off of ten mile bridge road. I would recommend fishing on the opposite shore by the college,because you can park in the TCC parking lot,and walk to the water.

The Lake doesn't have exceptional fishing, but slip bobbers fished along the bank next to weed beds should produce perch. If you want to target bass I would use live Minnows,because the Lake is fished heavily,and the bass have probably seen every lure known to man.

Over the last decade TPWD has tried to turn this Lake into a sharelunker world record bass lake, which is a joke. However,there should be something that at least bites,and provides some action.
Posted By: Crestliner

Re: North Ft Worth/Keller - 07/11/18 03:55 AM

The pond at Cabelas is loaded with Fish. All you can catch buffet of Bass, Gills and Catfish. All catch and release but fun for the kids. I use bass minnows on a bobber and toss some on the bottom. You can catch them on anything really.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum