Texas Fishing Forum

Colorado Bend State Park

Posted By: Falconclaw00

Colorado Bend State Park - 03/05/18 09:44 PM

Anyone have some info for running whites around this park. I have seen a lot on facebook about people catching some fish around here. Recently moved to the Goldthwaite area from the metroplex and looking for some fish/ new fishing buddies. Thanks
Posted By: catchnrelease

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/06/18 01:56 PM

With all the recent rains in San Saba, CBSP otta be going off soon.
Posted By: jsinn01

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/06/18 06:16 PM

I hope so. I really miss fishing the white bass run there.
Posted By: Mooreg9

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/07/18 01:30 AM

i was wondering the same thing. would like to fish this area

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/07/18 09:26 PM

I plan on trying it this weekend. Hopefully have a good report for yal

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/09/18 05:43 PM

Went yesterday to scout and saw a few people catching fish around some rocks. No limits that I saw but im trying again in the morning

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/10/18 11:54 PM

Caught 15 this morning all males except 1 had eggs. Pretty slow and steady

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/13/18 01:35 AM

Got out late today once I got off work and fished for about an hour. Waiting for the females to show up
Posted By: Drew86

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/13/18 03:04 AM

Y’all catching them in deep water or shallow

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/13/18 02:10 PM

shallow water around rocks breaking the current

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/15/18 04:39 PM

any new reports at CBSP? might try it again this weekend and will report back
Posted By: Nerodia

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/17/18 04:36 AM

Fished the park Thursday afternoon, ended up with twenty keepers in two hours. They are definitely in. But bring lost of tackle-I went through six rooster tails and a rattletrap in that time. Snags galore!

[img:left]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...2186&type=3[/img]

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/20/18 07:45 PM

any reports from the weekend? im going to try and get out there one day this week after work and Saturday morning!

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/27/18 06:15 PM

caught some more males over the weekend. Anyone seeing any big females show up yet?
Posted By: trent72

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 01/10/19 05:45 PM

anyone been to Colorado Bend this year? any whites being caught yet?
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 01/10/19 06:11 PM

Kinda early I'd think.. but I've got reservations in March so am looking fwd to reading reports.

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 01/11/19 01:25 AM

Yeah, the white bass run above Buchanan is one of the later runs in the state. I have not fished this place in years, but it was one of the first places I experienced fishing the white bass run. We would always camp at Sulfur Spring camp (above Colorado Bend SP). Is this camp still open, does anybody know? I can remember getting up early in the morning with the sun, putting on a pair of waders and hiking down to the water. I never caught limits or anything, but I almost always caught a few for the stringer, and the scenery could not be beat. I stopped going during the drought years, but may have to make it back out there. I'm looking forward to hearing some reports as well.
Posted By: trent72

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 01/11/19 04:45 PM

yes it is still open.

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 01/11/19 06:52 PM

Good to know, thanks!
Posted By: BillyGreen

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 01/11/19 08:36 PM

It is still open. I checked out the website a few weeks ago. It's been about 35 years since I was there. Really neat place.
One thing I specifically remember is the number of armadillos. At one time, four of us had one in each hand. Lol

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 01/11/19 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by BillyGreen
It is still open. I checked out the website a few weeks ago. It's been about 35 years since I was there. Really neat place.
One thing I specifically remember is the number of armadillos. At one time, four of us had one in each hand. Lol

Haha. The first time my wife and I camped there we were sitting around the fire and heard what we assumed must be a large bear walking through the woods near us. Then about a minute later this little armadillo came walking out. Also remember that little spring fed pool they made from the sulfur spring.
Posted By: Naggler

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 01/13/19 07:07 PM

I talked to the Ranger Friday...no whites yet but a few catfish and crappie. I will go a couple times in the near future and will report! fish

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 02/15/19 07:54 PM

Any reports? River was full in December. Outta be a good un this year.

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 02/17/19 02:43 PM

My neighbor fished Reimers on Friday. He managed 24 fish from noon to four. He was in his boat and went upstream towards the falls. He was using river minnows that he had previously caught. So I would safely say, that the fish are in there. But catching them is another thing. Time to get the boat ready and get out there.

Tight lines all!

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 02/17/19 02:45 PM

LOL! Wrong post! I hope the bite is on here soon too!
Posted By: SSC

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 02/17/19 05:14 PM

The fish are getting there. Know a guy that caught that 14 big crappie and a limit of whites at the lower end of Sulphur Springs. Had been fishing there all week but they just showed up in masses yesterday. The next few weeks should be a pretty good time to get on the water.
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Colorado Bend State Park - 03/04/19 05:41 PM

any new reports?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum