Texas Fishing Forum

PK Dam Trout

Posted By: Mooreg9

PK Dam Trout - 12/04/17 03:38 PM

has anyone fished the first stocking of the rainbow trout behind the dam at PK? is it crowded? how was the fishing?
Posted By: Tom Baty

Re: PK Dam Trout - 12/05/17 04:55 AM

I was down there Sunday. Crowds weren't ridiculous but there were lots of folks. Spent several hours there and only saw one fish hooked, none landed.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: PK Dam Trout - 12/06/17 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Tom Baty
I was down there Sunday. Crowds weren't ridiculous but there were lots of folks. Spent several hours there and only saw one fish hooked, none landed.

wow
thats wild
Posted By: ftwtodd

Re: PK Dam Trout - 12/18/17 11:20 PM

Went out to PK dam yesterday (first time in like 8-10 years), tons of trout from the stocking. They were jumping everywhere, even over my fly line. Caught them on a variety of flies but most were on an olive woolly bugger.
Turned out to be a beautiful day!

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: PK Dam Trout - 12/21/17 07:15 AM

With the lake full and the flow good we caught almost trout till July this year up by the dam. Many had put on serious weight hope the lake stays full again this year. Tends to be best on the coldest days and a week or so after stocking. (Helps the crowd and let’s new fish get acclimated)
Posted By: 1abufan

Re: PK Dam Trout - 01/21/18 02:18 PM

anyone gone out recently?
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: PK Dam Trout - 01/21/18 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: 1abufan
anyone gone out recently?

FTW Fly fishing club was out there yesterday. A good turn out, very windy, but fish were caught.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: PK Dam Trout - 01/21/18 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: ftwtodd
Went out to PK dam yesterday (first time in like 8-10 years), tons of trout from the stocking. They were jumping everywhere, even over my fly line. Caught them on a variety of flies but most were on an olive woolly bugger.
Turned out to be a beautiful day!

beautiful shot
Posted By: moonriver

Re: PK Dam Trout - 01/21/18 03:48 PM

I would like to try, but don't where to park my car, never been there yet.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: PK Dam Trout - 01/21/18 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: moonriver
I would like to try, but don't where to park my car, never been there yet.

It will be obvious once you arrive.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: PK Dam Trout - 02/06/18 05:36 AM

I recall a time I waded water on top of that bridge! Caught a ton of fish too...everything but trout...
Posted By: Ripinlip

Re: PK Dam Trout - 02/06/18 09:50 PM

I’m going to have to try this. I love PK fish the main lake very often
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum