Texas Fishing Forum

White bass and stripers from the bank?

Posted By: MellowFellow

White bass and stripers from the bank? - 11/27/17 09:08 PM

I'm looking for whites and stripers from the bank during the fall season, any suggestions? I've been to LLEA but its been inconsistent this year. Honestly whites are my favorite fish to fish for, but I feel like its tough without a boat and outside of the spawning run.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: White bass and stripers from the bank? - 11/27/17 09:55 PM

Going to be tough. There are some in the creeks but not in big enough numbers to target them specifically.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: White bass and stripers from the bank? - 11/27/17 09:57 PM

2 main options. Hit a windy point on deep water. Find a 5ft deep flat in a cove or protected area that is very near deep water and fish morning/evening/night, look for shad popping and power fish the area.

Eric
Posted By: ampfizo

Re: White bass and stripers from the bank? - 11/29/17 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: erittmueller
2 main options. Hit a windy point on deep water. Find a 5ft deep flat in a cove or protected area that is very near deep water and fish morning/evening/night, look for shad popping and power fish the area.

Eric

This ^^^^^^
I do pretty well along ray hubbard banks.... mostly early mornings
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: White bass and stripers from the bank? - 11/29/17 05:01 AM

Yep! Lavon was fuego 2 weeks ago! Hard bottom points with a flat near by andsome wind in your face was key.. points points points = $ flickering shad was the fish locater. Cordell silver spoon and jig reeled slow killed em! Again 2 weeks ago?! The more you go the more you know
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: White bass and stripers from the bank? - 11/29/17 04:21 PM

Old Lewisville Dam. Close to the Lewisville toll bridge. I walk to the end of the dam where the boat cut through is and can hit whites and hybrids.
Posted By: Burnsbyron

Re: White bass and stripers from the bank? - 12/08/17 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: JJ4MEL
Old Lewisville Dam. Close to the Lewisville toll bridge. I walk to the end of the dam where the boat cut through is and can hit whites and hybrids.

what bait do you use??
Posted By: Resh

Re: White bass and stripers from the bank? - 12/08/17 06:51 PM

probably a slab, maybe with a jig tied a foot or so above it.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: White bass and stripers from the bank? - 12/14/17 03:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Reshelman
probably a slab, maybe with a jig tied a foot or so above it.

BINGO!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum