Texas Fishing Forum

Putting it down

Posted By: JoseyWales34

Putting it down - 01/04/21 05:35 PM

So I decided to quit January 1st. Bought my last can on the 30th and finished it the afternoon of the 31st. On day 4 now and it's my first day back to work. 3 guys I work with said they were all going to quit with me. LIES!!!!

So I'm over here hiding in my office so I don't bum a dip from them. I really kind of screwed up as I didn't have much of a plan to replace dipping. Bought a can of Grinds at Buccees and that got me through the first 2 days, but now I'm out and the closest place to buy it is 25miles away.

Just thought I'd get on here and cry a little. This has been the hardest day yet.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Putting it down - 01/05/21 02:34 AM

Hang in there. It gets much better after about 7-10 days. Keep yourself busy. Some of the hardest parts are done.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Putting it down - 01/06/21 05:15 PM

Get yourself a bag of sunflower seeds.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Putting it down - 01/06/21 05:26 PM

Get some of the nicotine gum. After 31 years of smoking, I quit on 10/10/2020 and still going strong, I quit chewing the gum two weeks after I quit smoking. I tried to quit several times before (using the gum) and never lasted more than a couple weeks, I just wasn't ready to quit at the time. The only thing that can make you successfully quit is that thing between your ears.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Putting it down - 01/16/21 12:00 PM

Hang in there, Josey. You can do this! Pulling for ya... thumb
Posted By: MONSTER2

Re: Putting it down - 04/15/21 06:39 PM

How's it going Josie? I just can't do it...never make it more than a day or two. Now that I'm working from home, I go through a can of Copenhagen a day. Really need to try quitting again.

When I tried before, I would buy fresh mint from the grocery store and "dip" that. Really wasn't too bad, but I came crawling back. Hope you've hung in there.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Putting it down - 04/23/21 12:21 AM

My last one was Novemeber 29th, 2020 and I'm doing great! Can of griz wintergreen a day.

Just gotta get through the first week really
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Putting it down - 04/30/21 12:34 AM

When the dentist gave me a rude awakening about pre cancer.... I quit cold turkey, 3.5 years ago. To this day I still want a dip, but I know better. Good luck!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum