Texas Fishing Forum

Date for Caddo Lake Fly Tying Conclave

Posted By: add147

Date for Caddo Lake Fly Tying Conclave - 02/22/15 03:50 AM

Does anyone know when the Caddo Lake Fly Tying Concave is this spring?
Posted By: Bowfin47

Re: Date for Caddo Lake Fly Tying Conclave - 02/23/15 02:51 PM

Caddo Conclave 2015

Located on beautiful Caddo Lake near Karnack Texas at Caddo Lake State Park

April 10 &11

Registration $10 per person, maximum $20 per family

Friday: Doors open at 5:00 p.m.. Pot Luck Supper! Bring enough for you and one other family.

Saturday:
Breakfast provided by North Louisiana Fly Fishers at 8:00 a.m.

Speakers throughout the day

Bring your fly tying equipment!

Lunch provided by East Texas Fly Fishers

Plenty of fishing available on bayou at Caddo Lake State Park

Feel free to camp, rent a cabin, or commute to the event

Caddo Lake State Park 903-679-3351

For more info contact: Mike Hawkins 903-736-1887 / Scott Irwin 318-742-2190
Posted By: add147

Re: Date for Caddo Lake Fly Tying Conclave - 02/25/15 03:01 AM

Thanks! I missed it last year. Meet some tiers who went when I went to the expo last June in New Braunfels. Cannot remember the fellows name but he tied me a couple of pan fish flies. He suggested I come to the conclave. My son and I love camping so this is a great opportunity. Thanks for the info!
Posted By: Bowfin47

Re: Date for Caddo Lake Fly Tying Conclave - 02/26/15 06:43 PM

I realize that it's a bit early for this announcement, but Another Date to Save!

The 27th Annual North Toledo Bend Rendezvous

Friday Oct. 30th - Sunday Nov. 1st, 2015

The GCC and the Texas Council of the IFFF, annually co-sponsor the "North Toledo Bend Rendezvous".

Held the first weekend of November at North Toledo Bend State Park near Zwolle, LA, the 2013 Rendezvous was the 25th anniversary (since 1989) of this gathering of fly tyers representing Federation clubs from Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi and beyond. With no planned activities, but plenty of fly tying, food, fly casting instruction and fly fishing, and with only a minimal fee to cover lodging and meals, the North Toledo Bend Rendezvous remains one of the top tying events held each year in the U.S.A. http://pages.suddenlink.net/w/Rendez/indexR.html

If you have never attended the North Toledo Bend Rendezvous or haven't been in a while, your are hereby invited to attend... Hey, we haven't gathered on the shores of Toledo Bend and thrown this party for 26 years for nothing!!! We have a great time.

Rendezvous is your chance to sit down and tie flies with some of the very best tyers in the Deep South! No matter if you are a beginner to tying or a master of this craft, you will learn a lot (or at least have fun tying with your friends &/or teaching others).
Posted By: Crazy4oldcars

Re: Date for Caddo Lake Fly Tying Conclave - 03/02/15 03:02 AM

Got my park reservation for the Caddo Lake Conclave.
I'm looking forward to it.

Kirk
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum