Texas Fishing Forum

Free ebook - Dave Hughes "Wet Flies..."

Posted By: RexW

Free ebook - Dave Hughes "Wet Flies..." - 10/13/13 03:37 AM

FYI, Amazon has "Wet flies Tying and Fishing Soft-Hackles, Winged and Wingless Wets, and Fuzzy Nymphs" by Dave Hughes free today as an ebook.

This was good timing, because I've been tempted to buy this one. smile
Posted By: Brimbum

Re: Free ebook - Dave Hughes "Wet Flies..." - 10/13/13 01:51 PM

Rex: You need to get that book...it is great. I ordered it from Gary Lafontaine's book store just after it was released and about 6 months later Dave did a program for The Dallas Fly fishers so I got him to sign my copy of the book. By then it was already in its third printing. He was surprised that I had one from the first batch. I will warn you that you will wind up spending ANOTHER bundle on fly tying materials. In my case I spent the next decade chasing the Hoffman hen necks in all the various colors till I wound up with about a shoe box full of them. I also found that their grade 1 hen necks are wrong for flies fished for the most part in Texas cause they are too good and could be used to hackle dry flies for trout. You will also become a regular customer of Blue Ribbon Flies in West Yellowstone. They have the best selection I have found, but I don't count the cost of gas to drive there every few years.

Tying wet flies is a an addiction.

Big Dale
Posted By: kelkay

Re: Free ebook - Dave Hughes "Wet Flies..." - 10/13/13 02:29 PM

I highly recommend that book too. I have that book already. I got the free Kindle book anyway. (in case my book disappears for some reason) I had my Tom Nixon book walk off, and I am still upset about that. I finally had to buy another. The prices aren't cheap for those books either. The only thing about the Dave Hughes book here I would like to see, would be enlarged fly photos. That way I could see more detail, and it would help to copy the look. It is an excellent reading source. Like Big Dale said, it will cause you to start buying new materials, no doubt about that, chuckle...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum