Texas Fishing Forum

FREE Spoon Flies!

Posted By: texasflycaster

FREE Spoon Flies! - 10/16/21 06:09 PM

So I am working on these spoon fly bodies, and need some testers. They come in a sheet of 20, and this one is actually a gold (of course). It just picks up the colors around it. IT IS gold. These are sized and shaped to the old Kingfisher spoons. Limited number available of course! Colors will be either gold, silver or green. So message me if you want to be a tester.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vic'sfly

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 10/17/21 01:22 PM

I would love to tie some of your spoon fly pattern!
Posted By: SteveBob

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 10/18/21 02:21 AM

I think that's great what you are doing. Can you show a pic of a complete fly? I'm just having a hard time visualizing the end product in my head. They do look cool though.

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 10/24/21 05:02 PM

Hmmm, let me try to get a shot of the Kingfishers (I have) on here ... meanwhile, thanks to those of you accepting the challenge! Also let me add - these are a bit less proportional than the Kingfishers! I took a closer look at those old spoons, and they are pretty symmetrical. these are more of a "teardrop" and I think that insures wobble - good wobble.

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 03/22/22 04:45 PM

Well well well - Spoon flies got a shot in the arm in Jan-Feb #57 Tail Fly Fishing Magazine! Guess if Tail says so, then it's a legit fly now? Check it out on P.18 So now I need a new drying wheel to tie a few of these ... and I know you guys know where I can find one! Where is that?

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 03/30/22 01:37 AM

Anybody? Drying wheel?
Posted By: Bones72

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 03/31/22 12:24 PM

Try sightcast fishing they have one thats pretty reasonable
Posted By: Chris_in_Louisiana

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 04/08/22 12:21 PM

I have a few of your spoon flies tied up and ready to go. Hoping the reds are hungry this weekend.

I'll post pics if they are.

Chris
Posted By: split cane rod

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 05/08/22 05:22 PM

I would like to try out your spoon flies. I have a few that I’ve tied up with Sightcast cutouts. Yours look good. [Linked Image]

JR
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 05/09/22 04:56 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: FREE Spoon Flies! - 05/09/22 04:59 PM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum