Texas Fishing Forum

Wooly Bugger

Posted By: Dougfresh

Wooly Bugger - 07/16/21 01:38 AM

Finally got around to tying my first wooly bugger. Didn’t intend for it to come out this beastly but i wanted some meat to it. Saw a guy on youtube with a pretty slick way of tying in the legs and it was surprisingly the easiest part.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Wooly Bugger - 07/16/21 02:07 AM

Well Done thumb
Posted By: SteveBob

Re: Wooly Bugger - 07/16/21 02:16 AM

I like that. Good choice of colors.

Re: Wooly Bugger - 07/18/21 12:03 AM

Dougfresh,

You inspired me but I could not figure out how you did the legs. But I did add a lil meat to the bones thus creating some Very Wooly Buggers in 3 colors and sizes. Then I tied 2 Darters out of my leftovers (I hate to waste material) located on the front of the foam block..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dougfresh

Re: Wooly Bugger - 07/18/21 12:17 AM

Those are nice. I have some practicing to do. Heres a link on how to tie the legs in. Wooly Bugger rubber legs
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Wooly Bugger - 07/18/21 12:44 AM

Looks great, well done.

Re: Wooly Bugger - 07/18/21 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dougfresh
Those are nice. I have some practicing to do. Heres a link on how to tie the legs in. Wooly Bugger rubber legs

Thanks for the link. I have some multi color cone heads on order I'll give it a try when they come in. Also if you meant beastly in your original post to mean awesome for a first attempt, I agree whole heartedly.

Re: Wooly Bugger - 07/19/21 10:10 PM

Although not a wooly bugger I used the same process putting legs on this modified Zonker. Thank you. It works well.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum