Texas Fishing Forum

This weeks ties

Posted By: Bones72

This weeks ties - 09/08/19 02:28 AM

[Linked Image]
I had seen a similar fly on Backwaterflies website and decided to try a facsimile. Two toned craftfur tail, then two wraps of one inch black/purple EP tarantula legs brush, then rubber legs, then two wraps of inch and one half chartreuse foxy brush, then three wraps half inch purple tarantula legs brush.
[Linked Image]
Did these as a two toned tail as well though it is hard to see. Used rust and sand craft fur barred with orange Sharpie. I also added two wraps of inch and one half sand foxy brush.
[Linked Image]
Got sent a package of the new shrimp craytails so decided to use them on some karstopo style shrimp. Used a variety of fibers for the top since I didn't have any Fararr's blend. I kinda like the widow's web on the pink fly
[Linked Image]
Thought this one was pretty cool saw something similar on Sandbarflies and went with it. I would call it a crimp. It could be a shrimp a crab or even a sandflea. I did weight it out pretty good as I would like to try it in the surf.

One thing I have been noticing is a wide degree of inconsistency in length, and texture in the EP foxy brushes. It seems if each color has its own unique characteristics. The guard hair fibers in the "Sand" color is stiff as all get out almost as if it came off a javelina or a hog and I would guess closer to two and half inches. The shrimp pink color I have used is very soft and lacks a lot of guard fiber feels and looks more like its mixed with belly fur from fox or coyote. The chartreuse fell somewhere in-between. Haven't noticed this in any of the other EP brushes.
Posted By: karstopo

Re: This weeks ties - 09/08/19 03:25 AM

Looks great. You are getting quite the collection.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: This weeks ties - 09/08/19 05:24 PM

Very nice flies.
Posted By: pop r

Re: This weeks ties - 09/18/19 01:21 AM

Awesome job! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: This weeks ties - 09/21/19 04:04 AM

Nicely done. Good job. hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum