Texas Fishing Forum

VICE - Fly Tying on the Big Screen

Posted By: texasflycaster

VICE - Fly Tying on the Big Screen - 01/04/19 04:00 AM

Anyone seen the movie "Vice?" Yeah, it's the Dick Cheney movie. If you bother to see it on the big screen, you will be treated to flies the size of a VW running in the credits at the very end of the movie. Which one was your favorite? Personally, I liked the bleeding human heart fly.
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: VICE - Fly Tying on the Big Screen - 01/05/19 03:56 PM

I don't watch many movies but now that I know it has fly fishing in it I'll have to check it out.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: VICE - Fly Tying on the Big Screen - 01/09/19 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun Russell
I don't watch many movies but now that I know it has fly fishing in it I'll have to check it out.

Just an FYI Shaun, he walks in the water like 3 times in the movie with a fly rod is the only fly fishing. Hate to be a spoiler. WORST movie we have ever been to.
Posted By: MiggyFishing

Re: VICE - Fly Tying on the Big Screen - 01/09/19 01:22 PM

Ya'll should check out the show Ozark .. some fly fishing bits in there (plus it's a great show!).
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: VICE - Fly Tying on the Big Screen - 01/09/19 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by MiggyFishing
Ya'll should check out the show Ozark .. some fly fishing bits in there (plus it's a great show!).

I've heard that. I need to check it out.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: VICE - Fly Tying on the Big Screen - 01/11/19 04:42 PM

Saw the movie. It had a few funny bits, if you can fight through the non-stop hatred for all things Republican. To be clear, there is no fly tying per se in the film; there are a few fishing scenes and the movie (almost) ends with still shots of "flies" custom tied for the film. My favorite was probably the one with a missile since it seemed like it might have a remote chance of drawing a strike, unlike the others. Read somewhere that the book "The Feather Thief" may be made into a film; if so that has a chance of some good fly tying scenes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum