Texas Fishing Forum

Trying to get an updated 04 Tracker PT 175 insured...stated value questions?

Posted By: bockscar

Trying to get an updated 04 Tracker PT 175 insured...stated value questions? - 02/20/21 06:43 PM

So i bought a 2004 Tracker PT175 super cheap. Since purchase (over 3 years ago) it has been almost(havent repainted the hull) fully updated, not only with the carpet but also all the wiring was redone with thick guage marine wire. I also have a helix 12 mega si G3n and Lowrance Ti2 9 inch, 24v MK Powerdrive w/ipilot that has a 2 bank onboard charger....and a lot of tackle of course.

Everything is in good shape and all....but boy do I have a lot of money into it now. Was breaking everything down with the insurance guy, and also looking at the current market....and I came to an $11k "stated value" according to my calculations. He said that was OK....but i kinda worry because i really doubt he is familiar with boat insurance since Im sure he sees them so rarely. he was asking questions that also led me to believe that.

The insurance is through travelers and he said its stated value. i really dont see anything to that effect....and also dont see theft mentioned. In my opinion (knocking on wood as I type)....for how aware I try to be on the water and for how slow my boat goes (tops out at 27 usually, 28 maybe 29 maybe if i get some wind at my back and calmer water)....im not very worried about "physical damage" like is noted on the quote. Im really buying this for the theft reason, that is really my only worry in all honesty. I dont see that mentioned at all though.

So is there anything I should look for that will confirm that its stated value? Also...is my understanding of stated value correct? Its my understanding if say my boat were stolen with all my stuff that then I just file the police reports, call insurance.....and they INSTA cut me a check for the stated value? Is that the way it goes? Because I have minimal receipts for stuff I bought...my graphs for example I paid close to half for cuz I bought second hand (from very close friends who REALLY hooked it up)....but if I was to need to replace them im gonna be paying full retail for sure since those deals I got were one offs.

Thanks for any help on this. I hate dealing with, starting and switching insurance cos! they make it a huge pain! Lol

Re: Trying to get an updated 04 Tracker PT 175 insured...stated value questions? - 02/20/21 06:50 PM

read the post....i dont want to come across that im trying to get a better boat because of all i invested...its more looking at the current market and the cost it would be to get me into a boat that id be satisfied with. My current boat is my baby that i built EXACTLY how I want it, so i get that once you go full custom you are spending extra money for yourself you might not get back. BUT...looking at the current market, i really think to get a well running 04ish PT175 that doesnt need a restoration job like I did...with at least 1 high end big graph and a TM with spot lock will really run me up there to my "stated value" 11k.

Figure by the boat for 7, 2 for the graph, 2 for the TM and other needed electronics....and if anything leftover tackle. I keep lots of tackle in the boat. Let me know if my thinking is wrong so I can make the right decision.
Posted By: Tin Star Cajun

Re: Trying to get an updated 04 Tracker PT 175 insured...stated value questions? - 02/21/21 02:07 PM

Can’t help you on your specific questions but Travelers is the only insurance that offers break down coverage. My big motor burned a cylinder two years ago and they covered the rebuild minus my deductible. $9,000!
Posted By: kcb

Re: Trying to get an updated 04 Tracker PT 175 insured...stated value questions? - 02/22/21 03:57 AM

If it has a line item on the quote saying-Comprehensive with a deductible listed next to that it is covered for theft. Might want to ask if there is any difference in the term “stated value” and “agreed value”. Be sure the agent & you are clear on that description. If is insured for stated or agreed it should be on the policy. Ask him/her where that language is on the quote they give you.

Re: Trying to get an updated 04 Tracker PT 175 insured...stated value questions? - 02/24/21 12:54 AM

v
Originally Posted by Tin Star Cajun
Can’t help you on your specific questions but Travelers is the only insurance that offers break down coverage. My big motor burned a cylinder two years ago and they covered the rebuild minus my deductible. $9,000!

very good to see!

Originally Posted by kcb
If it has a line item on the quote saying-Comprehensive with a deductible listed next to that it is covered for theft. Might want to ask if there is any difference in the term “stated value” and “agreed value”. Be sure the agent & you are clear on that description. If is insured for stated or agreed it should be on the policy. Ask him/her where that language is on the quote they give you.

will do! thank you!

Re: Trying to get an updated 04 Tracker PT 175 insured...stated value questions? - 02/26/21 07:54 PM

$193 for $11k agreed value for the year!!! Plus I got towing and that breakdown repair you mentioned...no idea how that will go since its an 04...but they said it was in there!
Posted By: BurnCustomBaits

Re: Trying to get an updated 04 Tracker PT 175 insured...stated value questions? - 03/02/21 06:34 PM

You may want to reach out to Reclending.com they also do insurance and extended warranties Todd may have a solution and I'm sure he can field the question. Great group of knowledgably people give them a shot. 517-543-6921
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum