Texas Fishing Forum

Collision Insurance

Posted By: outfishdya

Collision Insurance - 02/14/19 02:27 PM

Looking a various policies and I am seeing collision insurance rates triple the cost. For people who say they pay less than 1000 a year, does this mean you do not carry collision insurance?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Collision Insurance - 02/18/19 07:11 PM

if you mean collision while attached to tow vehicle then your vehicle policy should cover it, check that first.

my truck insurance will cover a trailer/boat if attached to the truck. probably would have to argue with them some on value but they would pay.
Posted By: Bucketlist

Re: Collision Insurance - 02/20/19 01:36 PM

Looking at insurance for the '98 Triton TR21 I just bought. If I understand it the collision option correctly it is to cover something like a lower unit that gets smashed on a stump or something. My question is on my old boat are they going to fix this or only pay part because it is an older model. Since the policy offers Agreed Value on a total loss, how do we stand on a partial loss.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Collision Insurance - 05/29/19 04:26 PM

For boat insurance coverage explanations contact Bob at Worldwide.- Bob Luellen 517-627-8080. He will explain coverage options and get you the best coverage for your boat.
Posted By: jrsac

Re: Collision Insurance - 05/29/19 09:23 PM

I work for State Farm. We cover boat collisions. If you have questions about rates send me a PM and I will work a quote up for you. All we need to quote the boat is your name, how much you want the boat/trailer insured for, the year, length, horsepower of the boat, if it is an inboard or outboard, main county of operation, and the deductible that you want. We also have coverage options for contents such as fishing rods and tackle to ski's, wakeboards and tubes. Please let me know if you have any questions and I am more than happy to help!

Jared
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Collision Insurance - 08/22/19 07:15 PM

I'm amazed at some of these premiums. I have two boats insured with Bob @ Worldwide and the premium is around $420 a year for both with full coverage and at agreed value. Progressive just paid a $9K claim, so I can tell you the cheaper premium does not buy you less coverage.
That said, I do expect my premium to go up in November but it is what it is.
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Collision Insurance - 08/27/19 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Landry
I'm amazed at some of these premiums. I have two boats insured with Bob @ Worldwide and the premium is around $420 a year for both with full coverage and at agreed value. Progressive just paid a $9K claim, so I can tell you the cheaper premium does not buy you less coverage.
That said, I do expect my premium to go up in November but it is what it is.

I agree with Bob, Bob at Worldwide will find you the right coverage at the best price. I've had a couple of claims over the past few years and my premiums haven't gone up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum