Texas Fishing Forum

Foremost ...??

Posted By: emo

Foremost ...?? - 01/10/18 05:20 PM

So I have boat insurance through Foremost via Farmers, Recently had some damage due to hitting something and it did damage to lower unit and I also noticed some damage to the hull. I check my hull from time to time but have not noticed anything until now. But supposedly after getting the boat in the air there was excess damage they determined to be older and therefore would not cover even if I filled an additional claim. The reason being is that since it is old damage (that I did not see) it is not considered maintenance. Anyone ever had this happen?

I am assuming it probably started as a hairline crack that I could not see and over time became worse, but not I am on the hook for the $2k in damages.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Foremost ...?? - 01/11/18 04:40 PM

That's foremost, they are terrible about covering damage. What is the fiberglass guy saying?
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Foremost ...?? - 02/12/18 05:58 PM

I have Foremost and have had 2 claims that were handled very well.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Foremost ...?? - 02/12/18 06:27 PM

I have foremost and they were great with the one claim I have had so far. I was in a huge hurry to get the boat back and they were actually faster and having to wait on the shop to get things done so they could keep the claim going.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum