Texas Fishing Forum

1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted.

Posted By: SaltyDawg88

1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 04:02 AM

I just though I would share. I bought 100 of these jig heads in both 1/32 #4 hooks and 1/16th #6 hooks.

I always paint the eyes on myself. If I use them for Jigs I tie and for soft plastics I always paint the eyes on. Seems to me that having eyes I seem to get quite a few more bites. What do you guys think?

Posted By: Outlawelectric

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 04:18 AM

I've heard several answers to this question. I fish heavy stained water most all the time at Proctor and I haven't been able to see a difference that was measurable at all. However if it makes you more confident that's what counts. If I fished clearer water I would think eyes might make a better presentation. JMHO.
Posted By: BuckeyeKdog

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 04:20 AM

I do not think it makes a lot of difference but most of my jigs have eyes and on days where fish are really turned on there is no difference, but sometimes on really slow days IMO eyes make a difference
Posted By: Jay In Somerville

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 04:20 AM

I make crappie jigs and some people perfer to fish with jigs that have eyes. Do these jigs that have eyes catch more fish? Idk.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 08:25 AM

I prefer having eyes on my jigs...

Can't say it helps or not...

But I seem to get hung up less with a jig that can see where its going... bolt
Posted By: Tommie

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 12:17 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Mittens

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 12:41 PM

Prefer jigs with eyes. If it helps?? I don't believe it hurts!!
Posted By: kickingback

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 12:52 PM

Eyes are more for the angler to be more "confident" about their lure. I catch as many with eyes as without. Same for painted heads however I do find myself using painted chartreuse heads more often.
Posted By: BigDave1

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 01:28 PM

If you are tyin jigs for your own use I don't think eyes are needed. If you are tying jigs for fisherfolks and need to catch them so they will buy yer jigs...by all means add the eyes! They are great at catchin fisherfolks....I don't think the fish really care! smile
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 02:34 PM

I only put eyes on my Roadrunner and Pomy heads and then it's just black vinyl that I use for that. However I do what ever someone wants and if they want eyes I will paint them on for a price! The main thing has already been said more than once, confidense is the most important thing and if eyes gives you that, then you should have eyes!

The only thing I keep remembering that pulls me the other way to have eyes is this,mr easing fly tying boards I ran across some guys statement which was like this......."Have you ever seen a baitfish that didn't have eyes"? Even with that I do not paint eyes on my regular jigs!
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 03:05 PM

I prefer having eyes on my crappie!
Posted By: pepop

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/05/15 03:14 PM

I'm pretty sure it's just a confidence thing but I remember back when I was a Minner-drowner & many a time I'd get "Peck's", pull up to check the bait just to find the dang bream had stole the eyes out of my minner's head. Well, that tough lil bugger was still twitchin so back down he (or she) went. Many times upon dropping that poor, blind minner I would feel a "thump" and come up with a crappie. Maybe them sneaky crappie's figure they can sneak up on a blind minner (or a jig imitatin a minner) easier than one that can see them comin. IJDK. noidea
Posted By: Radtexan

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/06/15 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Mittens
Prefer jigs with eyes. If it helps?? I don't believe it hurts!!

Good answer!!

Nice heads BTW
Posted By: Sandwich Maker

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/06/15 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Jig Man
I prefer having eyes on my jigs...

Can't say it helps or not...

But I seem to get hung up less with a jig that can see where its going... bolt

roflmao cheers roflmao
Posted By: larry mays

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/06/15 03:26 AM

Sure its just a me thing, but I don't wet a jig without eyes, even fishing tube type jigs I cut the head off and use with custom painted head, always eyes.
Posted By: plateboater

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/06/15 10:48 AM

I use eyes....makes me "feel" better is my only data used which drives emotions!

popcorn
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/06/15 01:39 PM

in the clearer waters i hit at times i have no doubt it matters
but with most of the texas lakes it probably isn't needed
i can say there are times when an unpainted jighead isn't the ticket for sure though thumb
and eyespots are on almost all the best baits out there
so why not is my thinking on it
Posted By: WestTxJiggin

Re: 1/32 and 1/16th Jig heads I bought and painted. - 03/06/15 03:11 PM

I usually fish jigs with eyes, but I don't think it makes much difference, they are just prettier.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum