Texas Fishing Forum

Shoutout to Catfish/crappie and CTCR!

Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Shoutout to Catfish/crappie and CTCR! - 02/26/15 04:46 AM

Major props to these people, they sent me a bunch of free stuff such as powder coating and extra fur and tying material. They deserved a shoutout on the forum, which they both refused and that just shows how genuine they really are. They went out of their way to help out me, who is a young kid that is driven by my passion of the outdoors. I've been so excited to start tying crappie jigs as I spend the majority of my spring and summer on the boat slips catching as many crappie I can fit on a stringer and enjoying every second of it. MAJOR props to these guys, will post the jigs I make once I figure out how to post the pictures on here realmad appreciate it guys, can't thank y'all enough.
Posted By: pepop

Re: Shoutout to Catfish/crappie and CTCR! - 02/26/15 07:43 AM

Walker, we're ALL just thrilled when we see a young person showing a genuine interest in our "Obsession" I mean Craft! You'll find, as you already have to a large degree, that there's near limitless help & support available here if it goes to keeping you young folks on the "Hook" and off the street's. Crappie fishermen (& women) are a great bunch of folk's!
Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Re: Shoutout to Catfish/crappie and CTCR! - 02/26/15 03:12 PM

Appreciate it, definitely feel welcome here and that is a good feeling!
Posted By: Catfish-hunter

Re: Shoutout to Catfish/crappie and CTCR! - 02/26/15 06:52 PM

You want to thank me? Let's see some pictures of some crappie with one of your hand ties in her mouth! LOL ,no problem bud. Like I said before,I was helped too. Just passing it forward. Don't give up,don't like the way your jigs come out,buy more materials,watch more youtube,ask for help. And pass it forward.
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Shoutout to Catfish/crappie and CTCR! - 02/26/15 07:23 PM

Good on them for helping you out! Anytime you have a question that I can help with just shoot me a PM and I will do what I can to help. Like Pepop I find crappie fishermen to be most helpful and we that tie really love the hobby. I know I started doing this tying because I needed something to take my time after I quit trading the stock market which took a ton of my time for 12 to 15 years and once I quit I was not going to fish every day all day and was not going to watch TV all day so started tying and fell in love with he whole thing. Once I got to busy though thing for others it got to take the fun out of it and why I backed off a lot. Now not even sure I will keep my web site and have been thinking about this for months now, but will not stop tying or helping others when I can.

Welcome to this hobby and hope you love it as much as I do. Just take your time and learn everything you can find, especially from fly tying sites. After all the fly tiers do so much more with more materials and you can learn so much from them!

Skip
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum