Texas Fishing Forum

1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted

Posted By: Naggler

1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/22/15 06:23 AM

This is what I am looking for! Preferably with some good eyes on em...can anyone steer me in the right direction? Time to stock up for Spring!
Posted By: larry mays

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/22/15 08:30 AM

Naggler, you are right about time to stock up. I can't help you but the thing to watch for I am seeing a lot of them with the eyes out of line and also the head out of line with hook. the weigh to high on the eye and the jigs may not run point up.
Posted By: plateboater

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/22/15 01:30 PM

Barlows you can get painted jigs along with Lurepartsonline. Lot of tiers on other sites are going to this guy attached for eyes. From china takes about 2 weeks. "Year of the goat" so the boys over there are on time off for there opening of year celebration.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/lifefly-outdoor
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/22/15 03:06 PM

you could buy the chromed jig heads and 3 d eyes from Crazy Angler
simply put on the 3 d eyes and hit it one time with clear nail polish thumb
Posted By: plateboater

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/22/15 11:30 PM

Cannot go wrong at CrazyAngler!

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/23/15 05:29 AM

Looked at a ton of websites...none of which had the painted minnow heads. Proangler had some unpainted ones that come with eyes you can adhere on, but I liked Crazy Anglers jigheads the best. Just cant find anywhere on their website where to buy the 3D eyes! Looked under every tab. Really liked the look of the HD Walleye, Pro Walleye, and Mean Minner heads...wandering if any of you know what size eyes to order and where to get them from? Thanks!
Posted By: pepop

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/23/15 05:34 AM

Try Here for 4mm eye's. That fits the 1/16oz & 1/8oz walleye best, IMHO. Then get you some powder from CA and an alcohol burner and paint them yourself.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/23/15 02:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Naggler
Looked at a ton of websites...none of which had the painted minnow heads. Proangler had some unpainted ones that come with eyes you can adhere on, but I liked Crazy Anglers jigheads the best. Just cant find anywhere on their website where to buy the 3D eyes! Looked under every tab. Really liked the look of the HD Walleye, Pro Walleye, and Mean Minner heads...wandering if any of you know what size eyes to order and where to get them from? Thanks!

Call em and tell em what you want. Just cause they ain't listed doesn't mean they don't carry um...Unless it's changed all his 3d eyes are made in America.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/23/15 02:38 PM

A good place to get eyes if you don't find local is, fly Tyers dungeon. They are up North and it is winter time.

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/23/15 03:00 PM

a word of caution on them 3 d eyed up chromed modified walleye jig heads from Crazy Angler
you might need some pliers to get your jig back roflmao
KABOOM slinger

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/24/15 07:04 AM

Thanks for the info fellas...researching it is almost as addicting as tying em. Those are good lookin jigheads Ketchn!

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/24/15 01:40 PM

and some of them mean minner versions I did last night thumb

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/24/15 05:33 PM

Beauties! Do you powder paint those or did you paint em with nail polish? Also, what size eyes and where did you snag em from? I emailed and pm'd crazy angler asking about em but havent heard back yet. Their jigheads look great though.

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/24/15 06:44 PM

Thanks for the tip Pepop! What kind of burner do you use?
Posted By: thump_addict

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/24/15 07:15 PM

Contact Radtexan through the forum..he really does nice work

Re: 1/16 oz sickle hook minnow head painted - 02/24/15 08:32 PM

He contacted me! Can't friggin wait!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum