Texas Fishing Forum

Rookie Mistake

Posted By: Magged Out

Rookie Mistake - 02/20/15 09:14 PM

Have a jig starter kit showing up today or tomorrow. Order from Crazy Angler was ordered the same day.

Also waiting on an order from Barlows crazy I was reviewing my email's bang This Rookie forgot too order Thread crying
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/20/15 09:17 PM

I used threads bought at Walmart. Make sure to buy the nylon threads, not cotton threads, which are too easy breaking.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/20/15 09:18 PM

Dangit, hate it when that happens... You can use some 2lb or 4lb mono until you can get some. No flat wax thread in San Angelo I know of!
Posted By: Radtexan

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/20/15 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Jig Man
Dangit, hate it when that happens... You can use some 2lb or 4lb mono until you can get some. No flat wax thread in San Angelo I know of!

Couple guys I know thats all they use..
Posted By: pepop

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/21/15 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Magged Out
Have a jig starter kit showing up today or tomorrow. Order from Crazy Angler was ordered the same day.

Also waiting on an order from Barlows crazy I was reviewing my email's bang This Rookie forgot too order Thread crying

I could be wrong but I'm thinking CA's kit has a spool in it. I seem to remember I was ready to tie a jig when my kit showed up.

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/21/15 12:14 AM

Ordered it from Bob Marriott Fly fishing shop Pepop

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/21/15 12:15 AM

Nothing in the mail frown

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/21/15 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Radtexan
Originally Posted By: Jig Man

Couple guys I know thats all they use..

cheers
Posted By: Jay In Somerville

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/25/15 03:12 AM

hey Magg, i started out with the same kit several months back. Decent lil kit, but I am really wanting to upgrade my vise now. Good luck with starting. If you need anything, or have any questions, just holler. Theres a ton of folks on here that are always willing to help you out, and give advice & tips.
Posted By: pepop

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/25/15 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Jay In Somerville
hey Magg, i started out with the same kit several months back. Decent lil kit, but I am really wanting to upgrade my vise now. Good luck with starting. If you need anything, or have any questions, just holler. Theres a ton of folks on here that are always willing to help you out, and give advice & tips.

The very best move (upgrade) either of you could make, IMHO, would be to get a Peak vise from Skip. You'll not be sorry & you'll never look back!
Posted By: SlabHappy

Re: Rookie Mistake - 02/25/15 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: pepop

The very best move (upgrade) either of you could make, IMHO, would be to get a Peak vise from Skip. You'll not be sorry & you'll never look back!

I second that. Can't wait to get my stuff out of storage to start tying some. I have also, since, started a new hobby, buying me a couple blackpowder revolvers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum