Texas Fishing Forum

Supplies needed for jig tying?

Posted By: SlabHappy

Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/22/13 06:16 AM

Hi, I would like to get into tying my own jigs. What all supplies would I need? I would like to get a hotpot and jighead molds to make my own jigs. What other supplies are needed? Does anyone have/Know where i could pickup a hotpot and molds? If anyone has an extra one that will work, give me a price. Anyone have any tips for a new jig tier?
Posted By: AggieKenny

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/22/13 09:18 AM

Welcome! I hope you are ready to become addicted. The "Trading Post" section is a good place to start. There have been a couple of posts lately of people selling their supplies. Also, Craigslist.
Several videos and tutorials on the net.
Posted By: plateboater

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/22/13 11:26 AM

Study up first.....I have a lee pot which is a very safe way to pour.
Posted By: pepop

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/22/13 12:10 PM

JB, go to CrazyAnglerTackle.com and get a starter kit. Talk to Robert (Crazy Angler) and tell him what all you would like to do & he'll fix you up with everything he can put his hands on. Great products, Great service, Great Guy!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/22/13 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: pepop
JB, go to CrazyAnglerTackle.com and get a starter kit. Talk to Robert (Crazy Angler) and tell him what all you would like to do & he'll fix you up with everything he can put his hands on. Great products, Great service, Great Guy!
Good advice right there. Robert is a stand up guy. thumb

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/22/13 09:05 PM

I will get ahold of Robrert. Just got into crappie fishing last year, converted over from bass. Already love the slab bandits and crawlers from crazy angler. Just getting into tying.
Posted By: plateboater

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/24/13 09:58 AM

Pepop or anyone have a phone number to Crazy Angler?
Posted By: pepop

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/24/13 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: plateboater
Pepop or anyone have a phone number to Crazy Angler?

Got his email address. crazyanglertackle@yahoo.com

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/26/13 01:40 AM

Well, ordered me a "Slab Pack" and alot of of other material. Hope to be posting some good pics of jigs I make, and getting alot of pointers.
Posted By: DrCrappie

Re: Supplies needed for jig tying? - 06/26/13 04:26 AM

Go HERE, it's called distinctive fabric... They have samples for only $1...I got a bunch of craft fur and sparkly satiny stuff too...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum