Texas Fishing Forum

JIG HOOKS

Posted By: DLALLDER

JIG HOOKS - 02/12/21 01:23 AM

Does anyone use the Matzuo Sickel jig hook for making their jigs, if so have you purchased any lately? I have tried to find some but cannot find any. For crappie jigs. Thanks Daniel
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: JIG HOOKS - 02/12/21 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by DLALLDER
Does anyone use the Matzuo Sickel jig hook for making their jigs, if so have you purchased any lately? I have tried to find some but cannot find any. For crappie jigs. Thanks Daniel

I use them on the majority of my jigs, but they went out of business/bankrupt a couple of years ago so they aren't being made any longer. You can find some sizes in limited quantities if you search long enough online. Barlow's was one of the last places I saw them for sale.

Chris
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: JIG HOOKS - 02/12/21 03:46 PM

Yes they died a shameful death when their parent company went broke! I wish someone would take over that part of the company and sell them again!

Skip
Posted By: DLALLDER

Re: JIG HOOKS - 02/13/21 12:40 AM

THANKS GUYS! I thought that might be the case. Daniel

Re: JIG HOOKS - 02/13/21 01:25 AM

[Linked Image]

These honestly look just like Matzuos. It might be worth a look.

Chris
Posted By: fridays86

Re: JIG HOOKS - 02/13/21 03:45 AM

Chris if they are black nickel I would stay away! I have about 4000 of them and have quit using them because they break at about a 5% clip or worse!

Re: JIG HOOKS - 02/13/21 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by fridays86
Chris if they are black nickel I would stay away! I have about 4000 of them and have quit using them because they break at about a 5% clip or worse!

Good to know! I still have 20,000 Matzuo hooks but primarily use round bend now. I just it would be an option for others.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum