Texas Fishing Forum

Jig tying supplies

Posted By: CatMannDu

Jig tying supplies - 08/31/18 01:06 PM

Some of you may remember my bother (TexMann) he did the jib swap earlier this year I believe. He passed June 30th from complications from an Auto Immune disease and cancer. He had a bunch of jig tying supplies and his wife would like to sell it off. If I can get some pics to upload, would anyone be interested in taking a look at this stuff? I don't have the patience to tie myself. Let me know if interested.
Jeff
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Jig tying supplies - 08/31/18 04:55 PM

I feel sure someone will be interested, just post pics!

Also may want to post them on CDC tying board?
https://www.crappie.com/crappie/jig-tying-lure-making-diy-forum/

Skip
Posted By: Radtexan

Re: Jig tying supplies - 08/31/18 05:41 PM

Sorry to hear that..Doug and I did some trading few months ago...Still have some of his teasers..
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/01/18 01:36 AM

Sorry for your loss Jeff
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/01/18 05:04 PM

He will be missed
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/02/18 08:32 PM

Dang it, sorry to hear this. I really enjoyed visiting with him.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/03/18 09:17 PM

My condolences.
Posted By: Outlawelectric

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/04/18 02:33 AM

Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/04/18 11:59 AM

WOW..... Prayers goin up for the family....

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/05/18 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: gar1970

He will be missed

That was his favorite jig right there. I have a few un-used that I'm holding on to.
I know Doug would want someone to have and enjoy these materials. Not sure how to post pics, If someone wants to post the pics I will send them to you this evening.
Jig tying was a big part of his last few months. He really enjoyed tying and swapping jigs with you guys. Thanks for the kind words, I really miss him. We fish for trophy blues also and I just started fishing again a couple weeks ago. I know he was there beside me the whole time. Tight lines and don't take daily life for granted. Spend time with the people you love.
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/06/18 03:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your brother. My brother was my fishing buddy until his passing at age 31. If you want to send those pics to my email (cmuschalek23@yahoo.com), I'll make sure to get them posted. My condolences again...

Chtis

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/06/18 04:28 AM

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/06/18 05:00 AM

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/06/18 05:14 AM

Pics are posted for redfin71

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/06/18 10:21 AM

Thanks Leo.
I don't know the value of all this stuff but would like to sell as a lot but could break it up if necessary. All money will go to Doug's wife. Shoot me offers. Thanks
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/10/18 06:18 PM

There looks like a good bit of materials and I have to tell you that maybe posting it on a fly tying board like FAOL. May have to join the site to post on their classified board, but bet it would sell there. Many guys here use chenille and not so much dubbing and some of this. The jigs heads here or any crappie board, but the fly tying type items there? I will leave a link to that site just incase you want it. If I used more of these items I would make an offer, but don't think I like enough of it to do it justice!

http://www.flyanglersonline.com

Skip
Posted By: TurboDan

Re: Jig tying supplies - 09/15/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Redfin71
Thanks Leo.
I don't know the value of all this stuff but would like to sell as a lot but could break it up if necessary. All money will go to Doug's wife. Shoot me offers. Thanks

PM sent
Posted By: Robbyrobb

Re: Jig tying supplies - 10/26/18 05:16 PM

Are supplies still available?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum