Texas Fishing Forum

Time to upgrade

Posted By: Pot licker

Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 02:00 AM

Ok so now that we are deep into our addiction its time to upgrade our vices. Currently we have made in china(pos) vices that wont hold our jigs. What do you more advanced jig makers recomend?
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 02:37 AM

There are a lotta good choices out there, but I went with Peak. It is a good investment. If the time comes and you decide you need one that will do more then you can get your money back and up grade again. Last time I checked it was still made here in America...

Have fun...

http://www.flyfishohio.com/Vise%20Review%201/Fly_Tying_Vise_Shoot-Out.htm
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 02:48 AM

Peak is an excellent vise and Skip48 on here is a dealer.
I went with a Griffin Odyssey.
Here's a couple sites that carry several vises
https://www.barlowstackle.com/Vises-C180.aspx
http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/fly-tying-vises/
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 02:49 AM

Another vote for the Peak vise.

Re: Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 04:05 AM

Thanks guys, we will look into those.
Posted By: Mittens

Re: Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 12:41 PM

Peak by far. I got a Peak for Christmas and I can't imagine what it's like to tie on a more expensive vise than the Peak. You won't be sorry with a Peak,if you buy a cheaper vise you will upgrade in a year or two. Skip on here sells em and his price is very hard to beat plus I think he carries all the accessories for it.

Re: Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 02:21 PM

Thank you Mittens
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 04:03 PM

If your hands and fingers are large, you probably should also look at the Renzetti Saltwater Traveler. I have one I use as my back up for my Nor-Vise and it's a fantastic vise! It's made using lots of alloy metals so it's light and strong with lots of room around the jaw!

I do sell the Peak so if you want one I can help!

Skip

Re: Time to upgrade - 02/28/18 07:41 PM

Thank you Skip_48
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Time to upgrade - 03/01/18 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Pot licker
Thank you Skip_48

Your welcome!
Posted By: Abbott (MCM Tackle)

Re: Time to upgrade - 03/03/18 01:09 PM

I am looking too. thinking about going with the renzetti saltwater travler right now. Unless we can get a good deal on buying 3 peak vises

Re: Time to upgrade - 04/05/18 06:46 AM

I finally bought a new vise and im very happy with it. I went with a Wolf Indiana Atlas
It's made out of stainless steel so not even i can break it. It has tool steel jaws and holds 7/0 to 32 hook range, its an in-line rotary. Best part is its made in the USA.

Re: Time to upgrade - 04/05/18 12:22 PM

You got yourself a good one, and it will last a looooooong time. Congratulations! IS it community property or? roflmao
Posted By: Mittens

Re: Time to upgrade - 04/05/18 12:45 PM

Nice Vise and cool looking jig ties!!! Who does that Fancy work?? You'll probable selling soon bouncy

Re: Time to upgrade - 04/05/18 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Jig Man
You got yourself a good one, and it will last a looooooong time. Congratulations! IS it community property or? roflmao
Thanks Jig Man,and nooooooo this one is mine!

Re: Time to upgrade - 04/05/18 02:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Mittens
Nice Vise and cool looking jig ties!!! Who does that Fancy work?? You'll probable selling soon bouncy
Thanks Mittens i did that work all by myself:) and no wont be selling just sharing.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Time to upgrade - 04/05/18 04:32 PM

i did tie one jig on it when she wasn't around boltuhh oh now she's gonna know wife whip

Re: Time to upgrade - 04/05/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: gar1970
i did tie one jig on it when she wasn't around boltuhh oh now she's gonna know wife whip
im gonna have to put an alarm on it! wife

Re: Time to upgrade - 04/05/18 05:08 PM

roflmao
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum