Texas Fishing Forum

I’ve Joined The Obsession!

Posted By: Duck_Jerky

I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/12/17 06:33 PM

Started tying my own jigs a few weeks ago. Bought a cheap vise kit, a bunch of thread, and all the other stuff. Really enjoying it and watching YouTube videos all the time for tips and ideas. Even made my own fluid bed and am powder painting too.

Here is the progress so far:

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/12/17 06:34 PM

Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/12/17 08:02 PM

Nice work Brian!! You have no idea what kind of mayhem you have just unleashed on yourself! Ha ha ha
Posted By: TexMann1

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/12/17 08:24 PM

They look great! It is a lot of fun and a borderline obsession once your hooked. After you play with it a while a rotating vise is worth the investment. This is my 1/16oz box, I have another with smaller jigs and roadrunners. Then I have my sandbass/hybrid boxes. Where does it end?

ENJOY!

Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/12/17 08:40 PM

It's an obsession alright, but so much fun.
Welcome aboard Brian.

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/12/17 09:14 PM

Thanks guys...I already have a:

1/8 "light" box (pictured above)
1/8 "dark" box...darker color jigs
1/4 box
1/16 box
Roadrunner box

I almost like powder painting the jigs as much as tying them. I got on YouTube and made my own fluid bed for the ProTech powder paint. Got the Wagner heat gun and am off and running.

Now just need to order a couple hundred more jig heads.

Definitely getting better with the more videos I watch and then just trying out different materials.

Now gonna make me a small tying table top for more organization.
Posted By: Mittens

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/13/17 08:47 PM

They will get bit! Good Job on em all!
Posted By: SK.

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/14/17 12:04 AM

Tying fills in great when you can't get on tha lake.....
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/14/17 03:27 PM

Welcome to the crazy end of things, lol!

Looks kind of like you did a lot of what I did in the beginning, just tie a bunch of what ever. It's kind of a crazy thing how tying just takes over and fills your head with all these ideas and overtime you see something new you think about how you can use it tying, lol!

I also sell some materials so if you ever want to see what chenille I have just shoot me a PM with your email address and I will emails you my pictures. I can't update my site, really have not been able to for several years because I have to do a total rebuild of it and I just have not been up to that task yet.

Also I would like to tell you of a very good tying resource and even though it's flitting, they tie things in the right way and have some excellent lessons I used when I was learning. The start with Beginning, then intermediate and finally advanced. Really think you should at least take a look. Three are also some very good talented guys on there! They also have an excellent tips page where I learned a few things early on like painting eye using the flat end of a drill bit. Anyway good resource!

http://flyanglersonline.com

Skip
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/16/17 02:18 AM

Nice work and welcome to the obsession.
Posted By: lookingfor25

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/18/17 11:13 PM

Man those look good
Posted By: Radtexan

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/19/17 02:19 AM

Great work Brian.

Like others have said, it can get a little obsessive. nuts I've got quite a few paints and some mixes, if you need some to experiment with.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/22/17 05:54 AM

Nice Jigs! Good job. thumb
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: I’ve Joined The Obsession! - 12/24/17 04:12 AM

Starts with $40.....this is about half...lol

Not even going to try to fix this pic 😁
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum