Texas Fishing Forum

Diamond Sports Marine

Posted By: Captain Chunk

Diamond Sports Marine - 10/23/17 12:55 AM

Wanted to give a shoutout to Fred and the crew at Diamond Sports Marine in Yantis. They’ve been the only ones to work on my Ranger. They have always done a great job and in a timely manner. Saturday during the Berkley tournament I spun a hub (oddly enough after stopping to check on a boat that was flagging people down). Not knowing if I had spun a hub or blown a lower unit, I called Fred and he told what to do to get a quick diagnosis. He said he couldn’t be 100% sure but thought it was a hub issue and told me I if could get it over to him he could probably fix it quickly. My partner and I limped from Wolfe across the lake to Mustang Resort and got the old gal on the trailer. While my partner went to weigh a fish I went over to DSM. Fred had me pull around back and before I even got out of the truck they had confirmed the spun hub. Probably took less than 10 minutes and I was headed back to the ramp. These guys will continue to get my business. I can’t recommend them highly enough.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/23/17 01:03 AM

Fred is my guy,..great service. fish
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/23/17 01:06 AM

They are the Best in my book, I drive 2hrs for all work to be done for a reason.
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/23/17 01:21 AM

I drove the 3.5 hrs to fish Fork for the day not long ago. Some how along the way, I lost a complete hub, wheel, and tire. My Powerstroke never flinched. Thankfully, I have a tandem axle trailer. Fred was recommended from a friend and he treated me well. I'm very satisfied with the work.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/23/17 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead
They are the Best in my book, I drive 2hrs for all work to be done for a reason.

This
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/23/17 03:49 AM

good info to know! thanks
Posted By: Dr. Drop

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/23/17 06:51 PM

thumb That's right!
Posted By: criglizard

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/23/17 11:13 PM

Been to a lot of boat shops in Texas and Diamond Sports is better than all of them.
Posted By: Tjbev13

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/24/17 01:01 AM

Fred will forever have my business after the recent work he did to my Ranger.

Another local marina wanted to replace a laundry list of things to fix a issue I was having with my boat, after I asked why so many items are being changed when we don’t even know the roof cause of the problem is he answered with come pick your boat up I don’t even want to work on it.

Fred and the guys over there properly diagnosed it and replaced the 1 single part that we both were 90% certain the problem was and the boat has been performing great since!
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/24/17 01:19 AM

Can't beat service like that.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/24/17 02:27 PM

Good Job Fred!
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/24/17 04:34 PM

Good to know in case I ever need work done on mine. thumb
Posted By: FACSR

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/24/17 06:20 PM

With a name like Fred you cant go wrong, I hope he is left handed as well.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/24/17 11:03 PM

Fred has always been good at customer service.
Posted By: daman

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/25/17 01:17 AM

Good deal
Posted By: FishFAN

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/29/17 11:36 PM

Fred at Diamond is a good one! Good communicator and does customer service right. Would not hesitate to purchase another boat from these folks.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Whitt Smith

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 10/30/17 02:38 AM

Doesn't get any better than Diamond Sports Marine customer service, Fred & his staff! Do yourself a favor and use them.
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 06/01/18 01:17 PM

Doing a great job for me right now as well!
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 06/01/18 02:21 PM

Yes. He has the best customer service of any dealer I've had dealings with. Great dealership indeed!
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Diamond Sports Marine - 06/04/18 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Tjbev13
Fred will forever have my business after the recent work he did to my Ranger.

Another local marina wanted to replace a laundry list of things to fix a issue I was having with my boat, after I asked why so many items are being changed when we don’t even know the roof cause of the problem is he answered with come pick your boat up I don’t even want to work on it.

Fred and the guys over there properly diagnosed it and replaced the 1 single part that we both were 90% certain the problem was and the boat has been performing great since!

Yet, I spent 3k up there trying to get my trim problems fixed.
They were nice enough and gave me a break on labor but I still had a boat with an issue after 3k was spent.......
I like them but don't know that they will work on my boat again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum