Texas Fishing Forum

New Field and Stream Store in Prosper

Posted By: Big Swimbait

New Field and Stream Store in Prosper - 08/08/17 09:45 PM

Had a business meeting very near this newly opened store (too far from where I live). It's part of Dick's - the hunting/fishing/outdoor stuff is on the F&S side & the rest of the sporting goods on the Dick's side with one common check-out. I was very impressed with the selection in the fishing area. Not too many rods, but a lot of reels on display. The fishing section is easily 2 or maybe 3 times the size of a normal DSG one. If you're close, it's probably worth a stop.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: New Field and Stream Store in Prosper - 08/10/17 05:27 PM

i bought a cheap black F&S rod years ago. its been one of the best shaky head and spinnerbait rods i have ever owned. a real workhorse with no hardware issues!
Posted By: Gibby

Re: New Field and Stream Store in Prosper - 08/10/17 08:53 PM

I really like this new store. 1, it's just a couple minutes from me, which is nice. 2, its just a nice store with a great variety of outdoor and sporting goods. Excited to have it in my back yard.
Posted By: Len B 1

Re: New Field and Stream Store in Prosper - 08/11/17 01:27 PM

Did a fly thru when it opened, was impressed with the fishing department, nice selection of items, prices in line of others on some stuff but for convenience, not bad. Hopefully they stay that way not like other corporate owned stores were they start down sizing after the grand opening. Academy was great when first opened in Frisco then things started shrinking on their shelves, empty pegs, brands and types of baits, rods, and reels. Gander Mountain was a joke from the beginning, way over priced, laughed and walked out. So if F&S sticks to the fishing and hunting part and let Dicks sell the clothes, I think they will do good. I know I'm going back with a shopping list.
Posted By: Gibby

Re: New Field and Stream Store in Prosper - 08/14/17 02:49 AM

Len, agree on that Gander Mountain. Walked inshortly after it opened and was completely underwhelmed and shocked at the prices. F&S, so far so good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum