Texas Fishing Forum

Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service

Posted By: Lance Vick

Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 07/26/17 01:00 AM

22 years now I have been running guide trips on Lake Fork and I can still keep up
With the young guns(and they are good)Few things have changed and a few have not,one thing that has changed Is the way to advertise for guide trips,when I started I went to boat shows set up a booth with pictures and mounts,stood at the booth and shared lake Fork,shaking hands ,telling stories,not a easy gig ,not a cheap gig But got me going, met a whole bunch of good folks,people I still guide,then I got one of the first websites
Made by Vee Law and that Made it a whole lot easier,Then the Fishing Forum ,what a awesome place
(Thanks JP )and that keep me rolling,all the while I was pursuing tournament bass fishing and that was a hell of a ride ,15 years on the trail Bassmaster Tour,FLW tour ,PAA tour,Bass Opens,Everstarts,Anglers Choice,Bass Champs,our team won the 2008 Toyota Bass Classic,honed my skills on the greatest lakes in this country fishing against the best in the world and learned from them ,Wouldn't trade those years,the friends I made,
And places I went ,2012 was last year to compete on national trail still enjoy sneaking off on team tournaments here in Texas,was not the best at gathering the money's it takes to compete on the national trails,so that dream is on hold for a bit ,With teenagers in the house now it's time to buckle down and grown them up its happening fast,but I feel I'm not keeping up with the whole social media deal( and the young guns are) ,maybe it's my age,so that's why I'm making this post ,One thing that hasn't changed is my desire
To put my clients on the biggest bass of their life,in the most comfortable way I can,I will work hard ,use the best tools we have available to us to do so,Anyway enough with catching up if you are looking for a trip to Lake Fork Maybe I can help (I run bass trips Monday thru Friday As I guide hog trips during the weekend and teach LTC classes once a month on Saturdays at Lake Fork Firearms)
Call or text 903-312-0609
Thanks for looking
Lance
fishing this year has been really good,Lake Is in great shape and fish are biting shallow and deep,

Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 07/26/17 01:17 AM

Lance good to hear from you again.

Folks he is one of the good ones on Fork. You will learn a lot and catch fish from Lance and have a great day doing it.

He is a really good teacher of the conceal course he teaches to.

best of luck Lance
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 07/26/17 02:49 AM

Phoenix is right. Lance is a great guide and teacher on the lake. One of the best. And glad to call him a good friend. Keep going strong bud!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 07/26/17 04:44 PM

One of the best on the water. Also one of the nicest and most humble off the water.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 07/26/17 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
One of the best on the water. Also one of the nicest and most humble off the water.

+1 Proud to call you my friend, Lance. Sold my boat so I'll be booking guide trips, again wink
Posted By: Laser

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 07/27/17 03:07 PM

If you haven't fished with Lance your missing out.
He will make anyone with any ability feel like a pro by the end of the day.
He will share tons of knowledge with you that will help you when your back in your boat.
Caught my PB with Lance.
A true professional!
Posted By: Brad Dunn

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 07/28/17 04:07 AM

One of the best on the lake for sure!
Posted By: Lance Vick

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 07/28/17 05:50 PM

Thank you ,too all the above posters
FISH ON
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 08/08/17 12:04 PM

Lance is one of the Best in the Business!

Great guy for sure!
thumb
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Still going strong,Lake Fork Guide Service - 08/08/17 08:08 PM

Absolutely a cool guy, proud to call him a friend.. If you haven't fished with this dude, you need to, he's a blast to be around. Happy to hear about the hog hunts thumb been putting a rifle together for Coyotes and Hogs.. PM me some pricing Lance, I want a big sow and a big tusker..

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum