Texas Fishing Forum

Kistler Warranty and Customer Service

Posted By: fizzpot

Kistler Warranty and Customer Service - 04/04/13 01:26 AM

I bought a Micro Magnesium for my Brother in Law last year as a gift. During a Tuesday night tourney the rod catastrophically failed during a hook set (not a common issue). A phone call to Kistler and Trey agreed to upgrade him to a Helium at a very small cost.

The kicker was my brother in law is active duty Army and was only going to be in Houston on Good Friday while Kistler was closed. Ruben stepped up and offered to meet us at the shop on Good Friday to exchange the rod. He got to shake just about every rod in the shop and see where all the KLX and Z Bones are made before he dropped off the broken rod and left with his brand new Helium.

Trey and Ruben were awesome to work with and went above and beyond. It is great when a small local company can create an amazing product and back it up with amazing service.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Kistler Warranty and Customer Service - 04/08/13 04:41 AM

I have always received great service from these guys....zero issues and would buy another Kistler...
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: Kistler Warranty and Customer Service - 04/09/13 12:35 PM

Kistler is a great company to deal with! I've been to their shop in Magnolia a few times. Always amazes me how they manage to keep up with demand when they have a 1 or 2 man shop assembling all of the rods by hand. When every product is being assembled and inspected by a person, the quality is going to go way up. Of course the overhead does as well, and ultimately the cost, but having the peace of mind knowing every single product has went through inspection is worth paying a little extra. And to top it all off, their KLX rods are priced very much in line with competitor's rods of a lower quality!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum