Texas Fishing Forum

Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle

Posted By: Mark Perry

Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 12:39 AM

Wal Mart in Decatur had Pop R's, Zara Puppy's and selected Booyah spinnerbaits for $1.50 and A rigs are $7.00
Posted By: KMHendu

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 12:44 AM

People (me included) forget about walmart. They do have deals quite often.
Posted By: jseago

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 12:53 AM

Full size pop R's?
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: jseago
Full size pop R's?

Nope, the little ones is what I saw over the past week. 2 inch version.
Posted By: dwhite1031

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 01:36 AM

Both Midland Wal-Marts have boxes of Yum soft plastics, Rebel, Aborgast (spelled right?), Cotton Cordell, Heddon, and spinnerbaits (I forget the brand) on the end caps in the fishing department for $1.50 each. They have full size and small Pop-R's, Zara Spooks and Puppies, etc.. You just have to dig thru the boxes. I picked up several spinner baits, topwaters, Yum Money soft topwaters, and crankbaits for my son.

Lady at the checkout asked, "Going fishing?" I tried not to but it just came out..... "Nope, gonna use 'em for body piercing jewelry....."
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 01:40 AM

Our wal-mart puts stuff on "clearance", and it'll be $4.25 when it was normally $4.58. I do sometimes get their stuff in the $1-$2 boxes they have out all the time though.
Posted By: mudd

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 02:17 AM

My Walmart got skeet reese rods 70 bucks. Bout only deal they got
Posted By: Stax®

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 02:47 AM

Aaahhh, nothing like a good ole Walmart clearance find! thumb
Posted By: rodiebob

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 02:55 AM

They will throw down every once in a while...I bought skitter pops on sale, others recently..wish they still carried better hooks...Dicks sporting goods does as well...Keep me out of basspro so much!!!!!
Posted By: A-Rod706

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 02:55 AM

I go in there a couple of times a week and sift through the bargain box or find out what is on clearance.
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 03:57 AM

I picked up some Yum money frogs for $1.50 a pack at Burleson wal mart.Thats a super deal and they do work like the name says.
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Stax
Aaahhh, nothing like a good ole Walmart clearance find! thumb

I found 4 6'6 Ugly Sticks for $3.00 ea last month, I'm set for life on catfish rods. And for $12.
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: dwhite1031
Both Midland Wal-Marts have boxes of Yum soft plastics, Rebel, Aborgast (spelled right?), Cotton Cordell, Heddon, and spinnerbaits (I forget the brand) on the end caps in the fishing department for $1.50 each. They have full size and small Pop-R's, Zara Spooks and Puppies, etc.. You just have to dig thru the boxes. I picked up several spinner baits, topwaters, Yum Money soft topwaters, and crankbaits for my son.

Lady at the checkout asked, "Going fishing?" I tried not to but it just came out..... "Nope, gonna use 'em for body piercing jewelry....."

Got some of the Old Rebel Wee-R Squarebill Shallow runners for $1.50 These were the original classic Squarebill's before they were "Cool"!
Posted By: Kevin R.

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 01:29 PM

I was at the one close to me and they had a Falcon micro rod for $75 was $129.99. I picked it up and now have a nicer rod. thumb
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 02:33 PM

What the deal,I put a post about this on the 26 and it got moved to an other section. I though it was because I put prices on it.
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: harvey walker

What the deal,I put a post about this on the 26 and it got moved to an other section. I though it was because I put prices on it.

Probably Lake Fork Mafia.
Posted By: SlaunchCatcher

Re: Found some good deals at Wal Mart on tackle - 03/28/13 04:04 PM

Dicks sporting goods in Arlington has a free skeet reese reel with the purchase of any skeet reese rod ($89.99).
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum