Texas Fishing Forum

Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards)$$$ Prices Included $$$

Posted By: saskeeter

Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards)$$$ Prices Included $$$ - 06/11/11 02:57 PM

Over the years the trailer on my 2006 ZX 225 started looking real bad due to rock chips and subsequent rusting. It just looked terrible. I have been wanting to get my trailer treated with Line-X for a few years but that meant finding a way to get the boat off the trailer for about a day so that it could be prepped and sprayed with the Line-X. Then a few weeks ago I found out that my bunk boards needed to be replaced as one of them was broke and rotting. Well in order to replace the bunk boards the boat had to be off the trailer. So basically, Ken Parker at Boerne Marine coordinated with Rich Webster at Auto Trim of Boerne to get the trailer completely Line-Xed and my bunk boards replaced while the boat was off the trailer. My trailer now looks great and I no longer have to worry about rocks chipping the paint or it rusting. It looks SWEET!!! Many thanks to Ken and Rich for going the extra mile in coordinating their work. It is much appreciated!!!

Posted By: scottsvault®

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 04:15 PM

What was the cost for the refinish of your trailer? Mine could use a face lift it has a lot of chips. You can send a PM if needed. Can you post a pic of it?
Thanks
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 04:18 PM

yea same here, what it cost?
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 04:22 PM

Ken is a great guy. Very customer service friendly!! Alot of dealerships could take a lesson from him
Posted By: Fatalwishes

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 04:41 PM

Pics?
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
Ken is a great guy. Very customer service friendly!! Alot of dealerships could take a lesson from him

1+. A lot of businesses could take a lesson from Ken! He will be in business for a long time.
Posted By: RudyDep

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 05:27 PM

Ditto on Ken.
Price?
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 06:36 PM

Bump, one more time on the price?
Posted By: LSUfan

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 07:27 PM

I would be interested in the price as well, I was quoted $650 here in Northeast TX but I never could figure out what to do with my boat smile

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 11:06 PM

Not sure what the usual price is. I believe that I got a better than average deal since I had previously done business with the owner. I will call and ask on Monday and post what I find out.

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/11/11 11:31 PM

What they have done in the past is to launch your boat in a nearby lake. Have somebody baby-sit it until the trailer is done. Then you go pick up the boat. Boerne Marine now has the ability to lift your boat off the trailer which is what they did for me. While the boat was off, it was taken to Auto Trim who put Line -x on the trailer. They brought it back to Boerne Marine who then replaced my bunk boards. Perfect timing to have both done at the same time!!!

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/12/11 07:41 PM

Pics Added.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/12/11 07:45 PM

That is defiantly clean looking! Nice Install! I may have to look into this!
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/12/11 07:52 PM

That looks sharp! thumb
Posted By: nb_one

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/12/11 08:07 PM

cheers That looks sweet alright! A great investment and resale attraction. Ken and crew are great. Glad we finally have a great Skeeter shop!
Posted By: scumfrogg

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/12/11 08:43 PM

I'd love to get this done but can't find anybody in north Texas to do it...
Posted By: Bass Raptor

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/12/11 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer
That is defiantly clean looking! Nice Install! I may have to look into this!

Very clean install. It looks so custom! Maybe they could come up with a TFF price for the combo deal?

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/13/11 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: scumfrogg
I'd love to get this done but can't find anybody in north Texas to do it...

call LineX in either Mt. Pleasant or Sulphur Springs (can't remember which city it was) and they will do it. You have to have the boat off the trailer though. I was going to get mine done, figured I would drop boat off at Lake Fork Marina then run the trailer up to them, fish all day and then go get trailer and back to get the boat smile I have decided to just do it myself though as soon as I get off my lazy tail and do it.

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/13/11 01:12 AM

That looks sharp!!!
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/13/11 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
That looks sharp!!!

1+

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/13/11 06:57 PM

I just talked to Rich at Auto Trim of Boerne. He said to do the trailer with standard Line X, it would be $550. He said to add Premium Line X, it's an extra $100. I added the premium Line X to my trailer. Of course, you still have to arrange a way to get the boat off your trailer. Auto Trim doesn't do it. That was why it was such great timing for me while I was getting my bunk boards replaced at Boerne Marine.

Thanks for all the thumbs up on the trailer!!! It really does look sharp!

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/13/11 10:40 PM

Hey Sas, do you know if that stops rust from spreading? My trailer has rock chips too that are rusting, curious if that stops rust or would it spread under the coating?
Posted By: Grant2

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/13/11 11:28 PM

So a trailer takes more Line-X than a truck bed?

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/14/11 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Grant2

A trailer would be a pain in the azz! All the angles, brackets, cut-out lights. I can see why it would cost more but it looks very nice in the photo!
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/14/11 02:13 AM

Im diggin it!

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/14/11 04:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Grant2

I had the same question and the way it was explained to me is you are charged for the amount sprayed, that includes overspray which is going to be alot more on a small trailer beam vs spraying a solid object like a truckbed. Basically it takes more product in order to complete a trailer because of the overspray.

I'm doing it myself, there are several DIY kits available, after research I had it down to Raptor (which comes with its on gun to be sprayed) and Bed ARmor. I went with Bed ARmor. It probably won't look as great as having it sprayed professionally but it will save me about $500 and I don't have to take my boat off the trailer.
Posted By: jsix321

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 06/14/11 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: saskeeter
I just talked to Rich at Auto Trim of Boerne. He said to do the trailer with standard Line X, it would be $550. He said to add Premium Line X, it's an extra $100. I added the premium Line X to my trailer. Of course, you still have to arrange a way to get the boat off your trailer. Auto Trim doesn't do it. That was why it was such great timing for me while I was getting my bunk boards replaced at Boerne Marine.

Thanks for all the thumbs up on the trailer!!! It really does look sharp!

Dude thats a deal. I called a Line X place a few weeks ago and was told $1,000. Will take mine to this place because thats a lot more resonable.
Posted By: Rich Webster

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 08/29/11 06:50 PM

It cost more because it takes a lot longer prep and spray than a bedliner.
Posted By: Kelly G.

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 04/22/14 03:47 PM

I know this is an old thread, but after seeing it, I finally took my trailer to Auto Trim of Boerne yesterday and had it Line-X coated. I was able to leave my boat in the water at my house, which made it easy. Rich and crew did an awesome job of making my trailer with a zillion rock chips look super nice.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 04/22/14 04:00 PM

I had other work done at Boerne Marine and I must say, I highly recommend these people for whatever you need. They will always have my business!!!!!!
Posted By: fishnbuds

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 04/22/14 05:48 PM

Boerne Marine = good folks!
Posted By: Tony_Wornick

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 04/22/14 08:36 PM

About how long does the process take?
Posted By: Kelly G.

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 04/23/14 01:16 AM

I dropped it off at 8:30 AM and picked it up at about 4:00 PM. I stripped the boards, winch, transom tie downs and such before I took it in just to help with the time.
Posted By: Rich Webster

Re: Boerne Marine - Auto Trim of Boerne (Line - X trailer / Replacing bunk boards) - 07/27/21 08:57 PM

Thank you for the recomendation!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum