Texas Fishing Forum

Don Harper's custom baits

Posted By: davidsears

Don Harper's custom baits - 11/25/21 01:56 AM

Don Harper's custom chatterbait doing work at Ray Roberts again. Fished yesterday 11/23 and caught five bass all on my custom chatterbait. I threw two other baits, swimbait w/underspin and a spro flat sided squarebill and they only wanted the chatterbait. First three pics are the biggest fish at 3 lbs 10 ozs., then two others. Had another close to 3 lbs, but didn't take a pic. Fished again today for a few hours 11/24 with a lot of wind and caught five bass all small keepers on the chatterbait again. I hooked another fish on one of Don's custom spinnerbait's and got it to the boat and it got off and I lost a really small one on the chatterbait. I was throwing the squarebill and a weightless senko in some protected coves out of the wind to no avail. Two days in a row on a chatterbait bite.

It feels good to catch fish on a custom bait with my special color Junebug, made by a Texan who I met picking up my baits. Go get yourself some of Don's baits, but if you fish Ray Robert's please don't get Junebug, I don't want those fish to get used to seeing a Junebug chatterbait or spinnerbait unless it's mine.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Attached picture DSCN0066.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0067.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0068.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0070.JPG
Attached picture DSCN0071.JPG
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Don Harper's custom baits - 11/25/21 02:40 PM

Glad those JB. Baits are doing you right. Here is David's Junebug Collectin.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum