Texas Fishing Forum

Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready!

Posted By: Mark Perry

Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/03/20 09:30 PM

Been a couple of years in the making but here they are. We will have them at the BASSmaster Classic next month in Birmingham and they should start showing up to dealers shortly.

https://megabassusa.com/product/big-gabot/

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/15/20 04:03 PM

Posted By: senko9S

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/15/20 10:03 PM

that video gets the cali delta blood running, thanks. cheers

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/15/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by senko9S
that video gets the cali delta blood running, thanks. cheers

The aka zemi color is CA Delta inspired. I will be throwing it there in May.

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/15/20 11:32 PM

Gonna give these a try. I fish a lot with Bobby Barrack out there and usually throw the Snag Proof in Fred or black; these look really good..

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/15/20 11:46 PM

Gonna give these a try. I fish a lot with Bobby Barrack out there and usually throw the Snag Proof in Fred or black; these look really good..

Been about 3 years in the making but are well worth the wait. Really impressive behind the scenes to see a company put the time and effort in to build them to their demanding specifications. Seeing them willing to scrap some of the early builds on it even though it delayed them and cost them more time and money really blew me away. Been a fun ride.

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/16/20 12:20 AM

looking forward to them. let me know how the delta trip goes, May is insane out there!

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/16/20 12:34 AM

looking forward to them. let me know how the delta trip goes, May is insane out there!

Fished with Vince Borges last year. He worked his butt off to get us on fish. Saw a ton of 5lb plus fish. Will try to get him out again there as it was a fun trip. If I lived closer there is nowhere else I would fish. By far my favorite place ever to fish.

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/16/20 12:47 AM

I agree, plan on moving to Lodi in the next few years. seen a lot of teens out there and one fish I swore was a 20lb+ carp till she stood on her head. good luck

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/16/20 01:10 AM

I agree, plan on moving to Lodi in the next few years. seen a lot of teens out there and one fish I swore was a 20lb+ carp till she stood on her head. good luck

My wife's job is based in Stockton so we get out there on a regular basis. Lots of good folks out there around the Delta. Ate up with fishing and as friendly as can be. Good tackle shops too.

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 02/16/20 01:26 AM

nice, a lot don't understand how nice, friendly and agriculture wise it is up there. one of my good friends just retired from the Lodi FD. have you been in discovery bay fishing docks yet? never caught giants in there but the homes and boats are sure nice to look at. driving over the Antioch bridge is a great view and you are correct, the tackle shops in Oakley are amazing. check out a place in Lodi called wine and roses, I bet you and your wife would love it.
Posted By: JLP

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 03/04/20 04:05 PM

Tried this frog. Highly disappointed. Every other cast it sank.

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 03/04/20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by JLP
Tried this frog. Highly disappointed. Every other cast it sank.

Shoot me your info on where, when bought etc and I will make sure you are taken care of. In 3 years of testing I had exactly zero sink so that is out of the norm a bit and I would like to offer to make it right if the product id defective.
cheers
Posted By: Titleist77

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 05/25/20 02:37 PM

Anyone trim the legs on these? I fished one recently and got several short strikes that seem to keep from getting a solid hook set. I trim the legs on all my other frogs, but curious about these...

Definitely the nicest frog I've ever purchased and dont want to mess it up.

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 05/25/20 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Titleist77
Anyone trim the legs on these? I fished one recently and got several short strikes that seem to keep from getting a solid hook set. I trim the legs on all my other frogs, but curious about these...

Personally I do not trim them. They are not terribly long to begin with. I usually switch colors first when they short strike or slow down my retrieve.
Posted By: Titleist77

Re: Megabass Big Gabot frogs are ready! - 05/25/20 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Originally Posted by Titleist77

Personally I do not trim them. They are not terribly long to begin with. I usually switch colors first when they short strike or slow down my retrieve.

Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum