Texas Fishing Forum

Thanks Don Harper

Posted By: D Egge

Thanks Don Harper - 10/09/19 09:34 PM

Thanks Don for the Lewisville chip and baits! It's been a pretty good year almost everytime I have been out there! Here is the proof of the puddin! And I've only been to 11 of the spots!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/09/19 09:39 PM

Nice!
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/09/19 11:08 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: David Welcher

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/09/19 11:15 PM

banana
Posted By: ToasterWEyes

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 12:31 AM

Nice fish! Don's GPS chips are an awesome tool.
Posted By: Jawz

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 01:20 AM

Awesome!!! What other lakes does he have chips for?

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bassin 4 a Livin

LAKE LIST:
Stillhouse - Texoma - Belton - Lewisville - Hubbard Creek - Cypress Springs - Grapevine - Ray Roberts - Granbury - Bridgeport - Sam Rayburn - Whitney - Waco - Cedar Creek - R. Chambers - Fork - Eagle Mountain - Buchanan - Toledo Bend - Ray Hubbard - Conroe - Palestine - Alan Henry - Amistad - LBJ - Travis - Ivie - Joe Pool - Lavon - Pines - Possum Kingdom - Choke Canyon - Coleto Creek - Brownwood - Watts Bar TN. - Wallula Columbia River WA. - Fayette - .
Posted By: Jawz

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by D Egge
Originally Posted by Bassin 4 a Livin

LAKE LIST:
Stillhouse - Texoma - Belton - Lewisville - Hubbard Creek - Cypress Springs - Grapevine - Ray Roberts - Granbury - Bridgeport - Sam Rayburn - Whitney - Waco - Cedar Creek - R. Chambers - Fork - Eagle Mountain - Buchanan - Toledo Bend - Ray Hubbard - Conroe - Palestine - Alan Henry - Amistad - LBJ - Travis - Ivie - Joe Pool - Lavon - Pines - Possum Kingdom - Choke Canyon - Coleto Creek - Brownwood - Watts Bar TN. - Wallula Columbia River WA. - Fayette - .

Wow nice list. Thanks sir
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 02:47 AM

Good stuff.
Posted By: FXfromTx

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 03:06 AM

Don’s extracts are awesome as well! Have been contemplating the chips to maybe add a few more spots to my list. Sounds like it’s worth the money!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 04:04 AM

Plug it in, plug it in... roflmao

Nice fish. I assume you caught them on the shallow side? Nice looking brushy areas there.

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by David Burton
Plug it in, plug it in... roflmao

Nice fish. I assume you caught them on the shallow side? Nice looking brushy areas there.

A few when it was flooded, but really just all over....
Posted By: tjbubba1

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 01:57 PM

So what makes Don an expert on Contour chips?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by tjbubba1
So what makes Don an expert on Contour chips?

About 70 years of experience reading maps and picking out some of the best spots on any lake.
Posted By: CB-52

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 02:24 PM

where do you buy one of these?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 03:29 PM

You can reach Mr. Harper on here. "Donald Harper" is his handle. Or drop him a line here...

fishnteacher@gmail.com
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 03:52 PM

Thanks for all the confidence that so many have had in my mapping work and for the success stories. Now, I have a question about the Ray Roberts Brush Piles. Is this something that everyone already has on their depth finders? We picked the best 100 from about 5 different sources and are up to over 100 hours of marking these accurately. At least 70 of these were off as much as 20 yards; which leads many people to believe that they are no longer there or washed away. Just wondering if this is one chip that I need to stop working on? Lake Lewisville was to be our next brush pile Chip; but 100 hours of searching may not be worth it, if it does not help anyone.
Posted By: tjbubba1

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 05:58 PM

The coordinates I used where pretty good Side imaging on most boats can find them easily, I surely wouldn't pay $300 for free information as far as brush piles.
Contour chips I was just wondering what makes you an expert? Where you a guide on these lakes?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 06:34 PM

The coordinates I used where pretty good Side imaging on most boats can find them easily, I surely wouldn't pay $300 for free information as far as brush piles.
Contour chips I was just wondering what makes you an expert? Where you a guide on these lakes?

He’s not anymore of an expert than you or I, or anyone else, COULD BE if we were to put forth the effort. He does, however, put in the time to map the lakes and verify what he’s putting in these cards, so that, in itself, is worth what he’s charging. He is also making these “spots” based upon years of fishing Texas Lakes. He understands each of these lakes unique layouts and what areas of the lake are likely to hold the fish.

The more I try to explain, the more I guess I’d have to say he is kinda an expert. Lol

roflmao
Posted By: buda13

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 06:34 PM

Not sure why you would feel the need to come to this thread and comment then if you surely wouldn't pay the money and they are all easy to find... especially being that you have already been posting on his thread in the Trading Post questioning the product. Just let it go...
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 06:40 PM

Mapping contours is a system that I have used for over 50 years to find the best areas on any lake. If you will send me your Email address I will gladly send you my articles that I have written that will explain this system in detail. If you do not like to read for a couple of hours; then I wouldn't bother.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/10/19 08:25 PM

Most people have lost or never had the ability to look at a map and know what they are looking for. Even fewer can look and find the subtle things that make for good off shore fishing - Donald can..
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/15/19 05:59 PM

if i took al those freebrushpile coordinates and typed them into my gps it would take me a long time, then any fatfingers would cause frustration trying to find them, my time is MONEY, plug in a chip, 5 minutes, type 50 gps coordinations, 3 hours, my time, priceless

that is my take on buying Harper’s chips
Posted By: FSWITX

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/16/19 12:51 PM

fish cheers
Posted By: Dustin Aldous

Re: Thanks Don Harper - 10/16/19 03:09 PM

If you doubt Don’s work then ask any of his customers or take a trip to his house and see the hundred or so plaques and awards across his garage. Yeah it may seem like an easy job but he’s not targeting the advanced angler. He’s helping the everyday joe or anybody looking to gain an edge on their fishing. He puts in long hours to find the best spots to put you on big fish so you don’t have to!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum