Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Report August 2019

Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Lake Fork Report August 2019 - 08/07/19 04:01 PM

As of this post the water level on Lake Fork is 402.37 and the water temperature is around 87+ degrees. The last couple of weeks have been solid early morning and late afternoon/ evening. With as hot as it has been, I am trying to split the days up for clients when possible. One thing for sure is if you are planning on coming out to Lake Fork be prepared to cover a lot of water! I still have plenty of days open for August and I would love to have you out!

Thanks, Eric Wright 972 757 7947

LAKE FORK REPORT

I am starting out some mornings (NOT ALL) running back in the creeks to fish up shallow in the flats:

- OWNER FLASHY UNDERSPIN 1/4 oz with a Little Dipper (White)
- WACKY RIG #2 Gamakatsu 4" Zoom (Watermelon)

If I am not running in the creeks early, I will start out in about 15 feet of water on main lake points, humps & road beds. If you can find these fish on the bottom you can make them eat. If these fish are suspended you can still catch them, it's just harder to do. For the suspended fish, I am throwing a Big Joe Spaits Flutter Spoon and a weightless fluke using a countdown method. After about 9:00 am I headed out 20+ feet fishing with all the usual suspects. I will also check the bridges and have been catching some good fish either schooling or suspended around the cross-members. .

- BIG WORM - 1/2 oz Tungsten weight, #4 or #5 rigging hook

- CAROLINA RIG 1 oz bullet weight 5' leader #3 rigging hook
(Mardi Gras, Watermelon Magic) Fluke - Make sure to dip the tail in chartreuse.

- DROP SHOT - 5/16 oz weight with a 15 inch leader #2 Mosquito hook made by owner 4 inch finesse worm (Tomato, Plum)

- WEIGHTLESS FLUKE #3 rigging hook (Disco Violet, Green, White)

- BIG JOE SPAITS FLUTTER SPOON 6"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks, Eric Wright 972 757 7947

Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lake Fork Report 8-7-2019 - 08/07/19 04:07 PM

Very nice, detailed report. Thanks for sharing, E. cheers
Posted By: Rodney2100

Re: Lake Fork Report 8-7-2019 - 08/07/19 08:45 PM

nice report Eric. Thank you

Re: Lake Fork Report 8-7-2019 - 08/08/19 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by fouzman
Very nice, detailed report. Thanks for sharing, E. cheers

Originally Posted by Rodney2100
nice report Eric. Thank you

Appreciate it. Just my notes and hope they can help a few anglers catch some fish. Drop Shot was deadly last night. We had 24 for the evening and the biggest was an over 8+

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Lake Fork Report 8-7-2019 - 08/19/19 01:53 PM

Fishing report is still holding and we've been putting some nice fish in the boat the last couple of weeks. On average we are catching 10-15 on a half day trip and have had a few evenings with 20-25 fish. Best baits the last two weeks have been the Big Texas Worm and a Drop Shot. (Redbug) As soon as I start to see a real change in pattern, I will put together another full report. Hope y'all are enjoying the heat!

BIG WORM - 1/2 oz Tungsten weight, #4 or #5 rigging hook (Junebug)

DROP SHOT - 5/16 oz weight with a 15 inch leader #2 Mosquito hook made by owner 4 inch finesse worm (Junebug)

Thanks, Lake Fork Guide - Eric Wright 972 757 7947

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum