Texas Fishing Forum

1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright

Posted By: DNewt

1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/25/19 11:48 PM

I had an evening trip with Eric yesterday, my main focus was to learn not necessarily catch but both happened. I'm a bank beater so when it starts getting hot I stop catching fish and I got sick of it. I was blown away to be honest about the on water experience with a professional as opposed to watching videos or reading. Not only would I highly recommend Eric but I'll be back in his boat myself the 1st chance I get.. I fish Fork a fair amount, I stress fishing as opposed to catching, and learned more in 4 hours than the previous 20 trips alone. I'm not sure why I waited so long to book a guide trip based on yesterday's experience. I feel very confident I became a better angler yesterday because of Eric and as we all know confidence is a very tricky deal in fishing, I had no confidence out deep yesterday but I can't wait till Monday to go fish out deep and try to apply what he taught me.

Attached picture IMG_0088(1).jpg
Attached picture IMG_0089.jpg
Posted By: hookedon

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 12:10 AM

Congrats on a great day
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 12:13 AM

Excellent. Glad you picked up some knowledge about deep water. This is why I do the GPS Contour Chips. I love that 20ft. Contour.
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 12:31 AM

He doesn't want to buy your chips. He's just happy to have gone out with a good guide and have a good trip.

Jesus.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 12:38 AM

Eric is an awesome guide! Glad you had a great day!
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 12:40 AM

Great guide. Heard other guides talk about how good he was and had to see for myself. Wasn’t disappointed. Had a great day and like the OP learned as well as caught fish.
Posted By: pop r

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 01:26 AM

cheers Good times!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 03:45 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: FishTheBite

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by RedEar12
He doesn't want to buy your chips. He's just happy to have gone out with a good guide and have a good trip.

Jesus.

So you are offended by Donald’s post, but yet you chose to use a name that millions of people believe to be sacred as an exclamation?

Donald is a fine man and a friend. And he has helped me become a better angler.

Congrats on a great trip and don’t become frustrated if you don’t immediately enjoy the same success you had fishing with a good guide. Learn to fish off the bank and you will eventually catch more fish because you will have more areas to fish.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 02:15 PM

Congrats DNewt!. Ive known Eric a long time, great guy and even better fisherman and guide! Congrats again bud.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/26/19 04:19 PM

Eric is one of the best drop shot fishermen I know... You'll never hear of a bad experience with him... He as good as it gets on Fork!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/27/19 02:20 AM

Never heard a bad word about Little E EVER!
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/27/19 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo

this ^^^
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/27/19 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Posted By: skins84

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/29/19 02:04 AM

Don't know Donald Harper, but do know he's always helpful to other fishermen on here. Don't get the smart remark. I'd be glad to see more on here like him and a lot less like RedEar12. Eric's a great guide and may be the best dropshotter on Fork.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/29/19 02:12 AM

Nice post. thumb
Posted By: Rangerkev

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/29/19 03:51 AM

RedEar sometimes it's best to actually know or know about someone before you make a smart remark. To many of us that actually pay attention to others that post. Donald is always one of the first ones that offers help to others
I'm sure you dont know much about Donald or you would not of made the comment.

I'm sure your planning to apologize for the uncalled for comment.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/29/19 01:57 PM

Awesome trip in that you not only caught fish but Learned something new!! Best of both worlds!! :-) I'll have to look this guy up as I don't make it to Fork that often and would like to get better at off shore stuff as well. Fork is such a Great lake and made #5 on the BASS Top 100 lake list for 2019 that just came out!!

Man Donald has posted hundreds if not thousands of useful posts on here since I've been a member. I even use some of the scents he makes and they seem to help Have no idea why the mean post. That's why there is an "ignore member" feature on this forum and it works! Never have to see a post from someone like that again! :-)
Posted By: Deputy T

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/29/19 10:26 PM

I have fished with E before. Had a blast and he is not too shabby of a duck hunter too! banana
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 06/30/19 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by RedEar12

Jesus.

Maybe he does, or maybe he doesn't. It's great to live in the USA and have a choice , Aye Mate?
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: 1st time on guided trip Fork, Eric Wright - 08/24/19 12:18 AM

Awesome!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum