Texas Fishing Forum

Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special

Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/24/19 09:10 PM

So we’ve been working to come up with a color that had green pumpkin and the flake of South African Special. Well here it is and the name is Fork Special. This is the prototype in the Mister Twister Buzz Bug. I got these yesterday and the first day which was today my customer caught an 8.14 on it not to mention several 4, 5, and 6’s.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/25/19 02:29 PM

Shhhhhhhhhh! roflmao

This is great color for sure. Looking forward to them branching it out in the Comida and other baits. But we flat out crushed them this weekend on the buzz bug.
Posted By: Wavemaker

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/26/19 11:11 AM

I hate to be the spoiler but do you guys honestly think the fish see the different flake colors before deciding if they want to eat it or not? It 100% of the time is you found the fish and you put it in front of one that was ready to eat or you got to react.
Posted By: MT Livewell

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/26/19 11:22 AM

It just amazes me the insight, knowledge , and feed back that I get when I sit down and have a conversation with Zach. It's was even better when sitting down and having our latest discussion over plates of BBQ from Soulman's BBQ in Sulphur Springs on March 6th.. We were discussing the success that Zach and his clients had in the spring of 2018 using the BUZZ Bug. Zach was pumped for the 19 spring season that was still a few weeks away. I left Lake Fork with something brewing in my head, but could not put it together. When it finally became clearer, I reached out to Zach on March 21st for what I hoped would be a new color that would produce for Zach and his customers. After some more discussion, what is now the "Fork Special" BUZZ Bug was taking shape.

Zach, thank you for being a great Team Member!

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/26/19 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wavemaker
I hate to be the spoiler but do you guys honestly think the fish see the different flake colors before deciding if they want to eat it or not? It 100% of the time is you found the fish and you put it in front of one that was ready to eat or you got to react.

It makes a world of difference. There's been time after time in my boat that a certain color or certain flake in a bait is out catching other colors sometimes 3 or 4 to 1.

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/29/19 06:20 PM

Could it be presentation differance, angle, line size etc.? I have only seen it maybe make a fiffereance in gin clear water and even then who really knows? Fisherman spend way to much time chasing colors, baits etc. Whem almost without excpetion you need to find them and get a bait in front of them. However to each his own! Also arn't you all refering to fishing a buzz frog style bait for a reaction bite? They for sure cannot pick up on the added purple or whatever color flake if that is the case.

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/30/19 01:47 AM

No .... not sure what you’re talking about bub. The buzz bug is a Craw style bait. Color makes a huge difference from day to day. Surely you’ve used lighter colors vs darker ones

Anyway I was just showing the TFF crowd the new color.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/30/19 02:09 AM

I got some old jelly worms with that exact color, they called it watermelon red...

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/30/19 02:36 PM

Could it be presentation differance, angle, line size etc.? I have only seen it maybe make a fiffereance in gin clear water and even then who really knows? Fisherman spend way to much time chasing colors, baits etc. Whem almost without excpetion you need to find them and get a bait in front of them. However to each his own! Also arn't you all refering to fishing a buzz frog style bait for a reaction bite? They for sure cannot pick up on the added purple or whatever color flake if that is the case.

Paul-
If I'm not mistaken, aren't you the owner of Wave Worm now? If so, don't you guys have a variety of colors as well? There's a reason every bait company on the planet has multiple colors to choose from. Some staple colors, but a lot of different colors also. This goes for hard baits as well. Everything you mention above (presentation difference, angle, line size etc) also play a role. But I honestly feel color choice is main ticket item you have to have going for you to get bit.
On the buzz bug, its not a frog at all. It's a smaller compact craw with a little longer pinchers that move a little more water than some conventional craws. But its compact enough to flip in tight mats of grass.

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/30/19 02:52 PM

Yes I am the ownerr and I have dialed way down as are colors where out of control. I admit I am on the extream side whej it comes to color selection. Choosing only a handful and focusing on finding the fish. My ADD mind gets distracted and is always second guessing myself so I tend to keep it simple as possible. You can waste a ton of time digging for the magic color when you could be casting. However like I said to each his own. Companies carry so many to keep the fisherman happy that are always looking for the secret color. I hear you on the craw like the Zoom Ultravibe speed craw great bait!

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/30/19 03:53 PM

Just to get this straight..... you own Wave and come on another bait companies post to talk about colors not being important? Again this was a post about a new color available to the public for Mister Twister.

BTW Wavemaker are y’all still making the senko?
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/30/19 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes
Just to get this straight..... you own Wave and come on another bait companies post to talk about colors not being important? Again this was a post about a new color available to the public for Mister Twister.

BTW Wavemaker are y’all still making the senko?

Yeah, kinda shady...

Love the Buzz Bug, one of the most versatile plastics out there. Green Pumpkin/Blue Craw is one of my go-tos.

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/30/19 05:52 PM

My bad was not my intent to post on the Mister Twister post. Just saw the color thing and thought I would make a commit. Yes we still make a Senko ours is called a Tiki Stick.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 04/30/19 05:59 PM

My bad was not my intent to post on the Mister Twister post. Just saw the color thing and thought I would make a commit. Yes we still make a Senko ours is called a Tiki Stick.

Do you have a Lake Fork Special, Bro?

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 05/01/19 12:37 PM

No sir I keep it basic....maybe to basic lol? However I do have Watermelon/Red!
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 05/02/19 11:07 AM

No sir I keep it basic....maybe to basic lol? However I do have Watermelon/Red!

Close enough! thumb

Re: Mister Twister’s new color Fork Special - 05/03/19 02:16 AM

Close enough if green pumpkin is the new watermelon and watermelon red has red, purple, and black flake in......
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum