Texas Fishing Forum

delete

Posted By: Lake Fork Guide

delete - 05/14/18 05:11 AM

This post is going to be a little long winded but I'm going to try to keep it short and to the point, most of you know that's hard for me to do but let's give it a whirl!

I have been a licensed Lake Fork guide for over a decade, 13 years to be exact. I have had many highlights like when Rob Lay landed his 12.18 on a dropshot back in 2012 on video. I have been part of breaking 1000's of clients personal best, been on national tv and made more true friends than I could even begin to list. Friends that have called to check on me when life threw me a curve ball, friends that call and ask for my advice and friends who will be friends for life and for that I'm beyond grateful! I want to Thank everyone who fished with me!

When I started Lake Fork Premier Guide Service it was so enjoyable, I mean I got to teach folks the in's and out's of catching big bass even wrangled with a few myself but there comes a time in a persons life where they are driven to just do something different with their life. Maybe it's Gods direction, maybe it's less work and more family time with weekends off, maybe new scenery & a new challenge or maybe just to do flat out so something different after years of redundancy. In my case it's all of it and you can see where this is headed...

June 1st I will be moving back to Waco to be closer to my family. If you have a booked trip after that date I will be contacting you to set you up with one of Forks other top guides. My daughter is my world, my #1 and I'm flat out tired of not being able to randomly drop by for lunch, picking her up from school or be at every extra curricular activity as I'm currently 3 hours away. My dad who is now retired and dealing with some health issues also needs his bud back around!

I have decided to open a new buisness, CenTex Gutter Kings, LLC. I am bonded & insured and will specializing in Seamless Gutter Installation, Leaf Guards, Gutter Cleaning & Christmas Light Installation & Removal. I will proudly be serving Waco and surrounding areas. Every job will be personally quoted & installed by me for the highest quality possible. I'm proud to be using Senox Gutters made in Austin, Tx!

Malone Outdoors, LLC will still be operating at full capacity offering exotic & whitetail hunts

Reasons to hire Centex Gutter Kings, LLC
• Free Quotes
• Raised property values
• Protect your home investment
• No erosion from rainfall
• Reduce the risk of foundation issues
• Eliminate damage to siding, paint & landscaping
• Industry leading Senox Gutters (50 Year Paint Warranty)
• 32 Colors Available

#CentexGutterKings #SeamlessGutter #Quality #Perfection #Dedication #CustomerService #NotScaredOfHeights

Due to the request I am going to book 1/2 days after my full day trips this month on Fork to go out with a BANG!

A full day will start at 6am and conclude at 3pm with a 1/2 day starting at 4pm and ending at 8:30pm

FULL days are $450
1/2 days are $300
Price is good for 1/2 anglers
All equipment is furnished

Deposit are REQUIRED via CC, PayPal or Venmo

25th
LAKEYN'S kindergarten Graduation!!!!

26th - 28th LAKEYN Memorial Weekend

29th
Full - OPEN
1/2 - OPEN

30th
Full - Zeb Makarski
1/2 - OPEN

31st
Full - Brett Grant Rachal
1/2 - OPEN
Posted By: i-Fish

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 11:40 AM

Good luck in your future endeavors!
Posted By: GROD

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 11:58 AM

Good luck to you sir! Enjoy every minute with kiddo!
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 12:22 PM

Good luck in you new venture Cody, I know you will do well with whatever you choose to do in life.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 12:32 PM

It certainly appears that you are not afraid to work, good luck to you, the fish will still be there, spend time with that daughter and Pops.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
Good luck in you new venture Cody, I know you will do well with whatever you choose to do in life.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 12:58 PM

You're doing the right thing.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 12:59 PM

Good luck Cody, always enjoyed reading your reports.
Posted By: Txduckhunter

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 01:15 PM

So your giving up your "dream" gig to spend time with your family and start a new venture??

Dude, your the man.

Your new venture will be just as successful as your guide business! Congrats.
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 01:39 PM

May the Lord continue to bless you Cody. You're making the best decision for you and your family. I wish you only the best success with Malone Outdoors and your new business venture!
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 01:50 PM

That is the smartest decision you will ever make! I gave up tournament fishing the year my daughter was born and never looked back. Good luck!
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 01:51 PM

Good luck to you. To me it seems that being a guide is about as tough as it gets to make a living. I’m an old, but being in a boat sure takes a lot out of me just on the weekends.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 02:04 PM

Family first Cody, thumb
Maybe you can hang out and work with Chip & Joana, you'd be a TV star..
All kidding aside, good luck bud, your moving in a good direction.. We'll be pulling for your success...
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 02:21 PM

You're a good man making that decision Cody. Its not an easy one. I had to make it a few years back on tournament fishing. But bottom line is family and your kids come first. They will only be young once. Spend all the time you can with them. Good luck to you in the future bud.
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 03:20 PM

You're the man Cody! Family first, you can't get these years back with Lakeyn, you're still young and the fish will be there when she's goes to make her mark on the world!

Good luck with all of your future endeavors!

Donny

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/14/18 07:57 PM

Thanks everyone! It's going to be quite the transition but I'm excited to be so close to Lakeyn again!

Had 75 fish today so I take that as a sign that I'm happy again and truly enjoyed the trip today so I feel in my heart that it's Gods way of saying what I'm doing is right and rewarding what I'm doing and showing my faith/trust in him & his greater plan

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/15/18 02:37 PM

Fishing is still off the hook lately with the early bite, had 35 largemouth 1-5# this morning and 10-12 whites all on top waters and Carolina rigs

Re: Happiest/Scariest Post of my 16,646 - 05/25/18 04:45 AM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum