Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Report 5-5-2018

Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Lake Fork Report 5-5-2018 - 05/06/18 12:24 AM

Lake Fork Report 5/5/2018

I hope everyone is enjoying the spring season here at Lake Fork!

The last few mornings on Lake Fork I have been running around chasing the shad spawn and the main two baits I’ve been throwing are a 3/8 oz Underspin with a white Skinny Dipper or a chrome and blue Spook while the sun is out. If the sun is not out, I switch the spook to a bone color. One way to figure out if the shad spawn is going on is to look for the birds. The shad spawn should still be going on for a few weeks so this pattern should hold for a while.

After that I am running around main lake points and pond dams throwing a carolina rig. The bait I’ve been throwing is a fluke (Mardi Gras) with a 3/8 oz weight, 4 foot leader and a #3 rigging hook. I’ve been holding my boat in about 9-10 feet of water and casting to about 4 and I’m dragging the bait all the way back to the boat.

When that does not work, I have been running back up shallow still catching some fish on beds. For the bed fish I am using a Texas rigged Paca Craw with a 5/16 oz Tungsten weight pegged. While I’m looking for fish on beds, I will throw a frog or weightless Senko. I place my boat in 4 feet of water and cast up to the dirt.

That’s about all I have been doing the last couple of weeks and I hope this can help y’all coming to Lake Fork catch a few fish. I still have availability for May, June and July and I would love the opportunity to get you on some Lake Fork bass.. Just give me a call.

Thanks, Eric Wright 972 757 7947

Posted By: tommyc

Re: Lake Fork Report 5-5-2018 - 05/06/18 01:01 PM

Thanks for sharing Eric. Nice work!
Posted By: Dan_n_Texas

Re: Lake Fork Report 5-5-2018 - 05/06/18 01:23 PM

Thanks for the report. Heading to Lake Fork tomorrow to fish a couple of days with my big brother. Hope he catches his personal best and even better would be if he catches his first double-digit bass.
Posted By: TajChauvin

Re: Lake Fork Report 5-5-2018 - 05/06/18 01:32 PM

Pretty accurate report compared to how I’ve been catching. Lots of quality fish still in 1 foot of water. Just don’t expect a bite on every cast.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Lake Fork Report 5-5-2018 - 05/07/18 12:24 PM

Good report Eric
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Lake Fork Report 5-5-2018 - 05/07/18 01:49 PM

Nice report buddy!
Posted By: Eric Wright, Lake Fork Guide

Re: Lake Fork Report 5-5-2018 - 05/18/18 04:36 PM

My bad - I posted to the wrong thread. lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum