Texas Fishing Forum

2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips

Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 01/29/18 08:00 PM

Here we go again. Another year has come and gone on Lake Fork and boy was it a good one. This year looks to be just the same with the amount of water in our lakes and finally getting some grass back. If you want to come to Lake Fork I would love to earn your business. We have a lot of fun, laugh and joke, I'll try to teach you whatever it is you want to learn, and we may run into a few fish. If you have any questions or want to know a little bit more about a trip definitely feel free to give me a call.

Private Lake - many of you have come and fished our private lake as well. This year we are still offering trips out there and the same rates apply. Great for kids and women. Lots of fish between the 3-8 lb range and we fish out of my Skeeter on the lake.

Full Day - $400
Half Day - $275

Go to my website to watch videos and more info: www.lakeforkguidezachhughes.com

Posted By: MT Livewell

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 01/31/18 01:40 PM

Better book Zach early for the spring! He knows how to get it done and you will learn a lot. He works hard for his customers!
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 01/31/18 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: MT Livewell
Better book Zach early for the spring! He knows how to get it done and you will learn a lot. He works hard for his customers!

You are correct sir... I’ve known Zach for a long time, ever since we played baseball together in college summer league... he is a great guy/guide and friend and has the places to hunt and fish! Do yourself a favor and book a trip with Zach!

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 02/13/18 03:37 PM

Well even though we are still cold, I know some of y'all are ate up with the itch......

If you want to learn a little about the lake, catch some fish, but most importantly have fun on a fishing trip give me a shout. The smiles say it all.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 02/13/18 05:04 PM

Heck yeah!! Zach is also one of the best sight fisherman around... book a trip if you wanna learn how to bed fish

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 02/22/18 01:32 AM

With all the water we are getting. Lake Fork is going to be crazy good this spring. Only a few more dates in April left. Go to my website and watch the sight fishing vids.

www.lakeforkguidezachhughes.com

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 03/02/18 12:20 AM

The last 3 days have been good ..... had 18, 27, and then 31 today with big fish of 9.73. Fork is about to bust loose.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 03/17/18 01:20 PM

Water is in the 60s and the fish are up. I only have a couple days lleft in April, and you know what the frog fishing is gonna be like in May. Call me if I can help. Thanks guys

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 03/28/18 06:25 PM

May frog fishing is gonna be crazy good. If I can help in any way please feel free to give me a call. Best baits this week have been weightless flukes and senkos. The Mister Twister buzz bug is also catching some bigger fish flipping the flooded cover.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 03/30/18 11:20 PM

Come and get some. The big girls are flat out chewing.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 04/02/18 11:19 PM

May dates are filling up.... it don't get much better than it is right now!

Posted By: Sinkey

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 04/04/18 02:42 PM

Fished close to Zach a few days back.....he's on em boys! You guys need to give him a call and get a trip booked!

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 04/11/18 12:48 AM

Get the kids on a tackle box instead of an Xbox.....

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 04/12/18 08:56 PM

Them boys from Oklahoma had 3 good days down in Texas

Posted By: 4967

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 04/12/18 10:40 PM

But, how did they roll their...nevermind. roflmao
Fishing looks good!!!

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 04/25/18 11:13 PM

The fishing on Lake Fork has been pretty steady the past week. Most days we are having 15-25 fish with a couple days in the 40-50. Best baits have been weightless baits and of course still catching a tlot of fish off beds. They are starting to move out and you can also catch some good fish on moving baits. I do have a few dates left in May if anyone is looking. Once we get rid of these colder nights the topwater bite will go nuts. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 05/01/18 07:16 PM

It's May....... all I can say is Shad Spawn and Frogs. I have dates available.

If you want to Bowfish, the monster carp are on

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 05/14/18 08:00 PM

Fishing is definitely on right now at Lake Fork. You can catch them a number of ways. This last week we caught them from 1 foot on the shad spawn out to 26 foot on underwater humps. If you like numbers with a shot at a big fish this is a great time to be on the water. I have some days available of you want to get out and bend a rod.

.......also the crappie have moved out to the brush piles and catching a limit of white bass is crazy easy. Like had a group of 3 guys from Pennsylvania and they caught 60 in a matter of 40 minutes. This is perfect for women and kids or even if you want to fill the freezer for a fish fry.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 05/25/18 02:52 PM

Just come get in on the action..... split day trips are having rediculous numbers and size. Let me know if I can help.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 05/28/18 09:01 PM

Good job bud.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 06/05/18 12:29 PM

The deep bite is on on on on........

Swimbait, c rig, big worm, and D shot are catching numbers and size. Good luck to all the Skeeter guys.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 06/11/18 08:21 PM

The big bite is on Fellas. My best days have been split day trips. Going from 5:45 -10am then head back out from 4-dark. Much easier to fish and the fish are chewing during those times. Three of my customers that went out last week with me cashed in the Skeeter event. If there is anything I can do to help out please let me know.

Also the crappie have gotten loaded on my brushpiles. Tuesday we had 50 keepers by 9:30 am. Great for kids and freezer filler runs. If you book a crappie trip in June, July, or August I'll run it for $125 a person. I supply everything. All fish are cleaned and bagged before you leave.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 06/26/18 02:34 PM

Still catching good numbers..... best baits have been a c rig, big worm, drop shot, and swim bait. Split days have still been the best. Yesterday we had 25+ fish from 5-dark

Also, still catching limits of crappie on brush

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 06/27/18 02:49 PM

Atta boy! You guys need to hit Zach up!

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 06/27/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Atta boy! You guys need to hit Zach up!

What Sinkey said

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 07/12/18 02:21 PM

Y'all can have Conroe, Pines, Texoma. To quote Waylan ...... "once your down in Texas boys, Lake Fork is still the King"

Still having really good numbers and finnally got another Double Digit on Wednesday for a customer from Oklahoma. Give me a shout if I can help or you want to go catch some big uns offshore.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 07/28/18 02:01 PM

Catching really good numbers and size in the mornings and afternoons. Most fish this week came on spoons, drop shot, and Carolina rigs. Split days have still been the best for me. Most days we are going from 6-10:30 then 4:30 - dark. Give me a shout if I can help.

Also if you want a fun way to spend an afternoon I am running hybrid and striper trips on twok. This is an action packed trip for sure.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 07/30/18 02:47 PM

Atta boy! You guys need to give him a shout.

Re: 2018 Lake Fork Trophy Bass Trips - 08/01/18 07:26 PM

The bass are still chewing really good early and late. Yesterday I ran a morning bass then evening hybrid/striper trip. We had 16 bass in the morning and a limit of striped fish in less than an hour. If you have kids and want to get them on fish before they go back to school give me a shout. The pics say it all

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum