Texas Fishing Forum

Gander stores officially reopening

Posted By: k.l.white

Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 03:36 AM

Marcus Lemonis announced today that they are starting to reopen the Gander Mountain stores under the new name Gander. Texas will have 3- Amarillo, Ft Worth, & Spring. They're supposed to be open by May/June.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 03:44 AM

Interesting
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 05:49 AM

Just watched the video and the old gander store in Lake Worth will be reopening as a Gander Outdoors store!
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 06:03 AM

Looks like Tyler and possibly Houston as well.
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 12:18 PM

Gander should do better since there has been three or four more restaurants move into that shopping area. Plus many more stores are coming that way.
I just hope they change their inventory. Too many cheap rifles, pistols, and shotguns, and not enough fishing tackle. That would solve their problem.
Fishing should be at least 1/3 of the store's floorspace.
Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 12:48 PM

I guess they havent learned their lesson....
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 12:52 PM

Hope they won't be sky high on prices like they were and stock more than a typical Walmart
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 01:21 PM

If they don't adjust their stupid-high prices, stop wasting shelf space with walleye and muskie gear in Texas, and treat their employees better it'll be a short-lived reboot.
Posted By: hookinbass

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 01:26 PM

Gander was a few dollars higher on everything fishing but Bass Pro is to and people still shop there
Posted By: LearnedHat

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 01:29 PM

I didn't like the way they treated the "liquidation event" -- I'm probably not ever going back.

I'll just stick with Cabelas, Academy, Angler's Pro Tackle, Barlows, and the enterwebz.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: YAKaddict
I guess they havent learned their lesson....

If this guy re-organizes them like he says it could work out well, IMO our local Cabelas sucks and is only good for shipping to the store on deals you find online and our Academy has gone way downhill, fishing dept is really poor now... Competition is always good for the consumer.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: hookinbass
Gander was a few dollars higher on everything fishing but Bass Pro is to and people still shop there

The Gander in Tyler was pretty nice at one time, like to see that happen again.
BPS, I like to go in there to look around, and over spend when I feel the urge to do so, but honestly, the ONLY things I buy there are gotta have right now items... TW, or Academy are my main suppliers. BPS is like WAY to freaky exspensive, imo...
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 02:55 PM

I never found a reason to shop there before, I doubt I go there in future and I drive past it 3 days a week
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 03:23 PM

Hopefully they aren’t still sky high on their pricing!! If they would compare pricing to others and match it then they will survive
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 04:15 PM

I like to have options, I can always make the decision to buy or not. Likely a moot point for me if the closest option is Lake Worth.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 05:21 PM

Seemed like I passed one around Amarillo, looked like a new store.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 05:37 PM

Reckon that Gander Mountain gift card I left lying around in my wallet the last year will be good?(I can wish)
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 05:45 PM

https://www.pscp.tv/marcuslemonis/1nAKEWdPdjOJL
Posted By: MadFluker

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 05:47 PM

A go on Tyler
Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 09:41 PM

The problem with the Gander Mountain in Spring is not the high prices, its shopping there and hoping that your vehicle is still in the parking lot when you get back outside! Numerous vehicle break ins, and vehicles being stolen really cut down on their business. Had my truck broken into there last year, they don't have to worry about ever getting my money again!
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 09:57 PM

I seriously doubt vehicular their affected their sales significantly
Posted By: Bassdeer

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 10:25 PM

Marcus Lemonis is a Trump hater and I for one will not be walking into that store.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Bassdeer
Marcus Lemonis is a Trump hater and I for one will not be walking into that store.

Pretty sad that you would not set foot into a store because of different political views...
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 10:40 PM

Not sad when a person stands up for what he believes and doesn't want to give money to someone he opposes
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE
Not sad when a person stands up for what he believes and doesn't want to give money to someone he opposes

Agreed, we need more people to stand up for America, not what's P.C.
Things are changing, maybe Gander has a finger on the budget pluse and will get it right..
I was told Camper World bought it last year, what do I know..?
Posted By: jackwabbit

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/04/18 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

I agree. Same reason I turn the radio when I hear Carrie Underwood.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/05/18 03:05 AM

thats to bad,
hopefully they will learn what to stock and not charge twice the normal retail price.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/05/18 12:34 PM

Well this just gives me another reason to not go there. I didn't shop there in the past because of the high prices.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/05/18 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: ezbassin

Well this just gives me another reason to not go there. I didn't shop there in the past because of the high prices.

I am Glad Gander is coming back to Fort Worth. I like the Quality of Gander's Guide Wear clothing over Columbia, BPS, Cabela's and Academy's knock off brand. Also sounds like this thread needs a Trumpy Bear thumb flag thumb peep
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/06/18 01:45 AM

I just read that 69 Gander Mountain stores will re-open as Gander Outdoors. One will be the one is Spring, Texas. Good. No store will have everything. In this day of "we have it online", I like having a variety of places to shop for fishing supplies.

I liked the fact that GM used to have tall sized clothing. In the end, they stopped stocking my size on their racks. I hope that they go back to their old ways.
Posted By: smileyman

Re: Gander stores officially reopening - 01/06/18 02:37 AM

Thanks for the heads up , I will not spend my hard earned money with this store !
I have a choice where and how I spend my money and I guarantee it will not be with
a anti Trump business .
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum