Texas Fishing Forum

Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged

Posted By: Jimmy Martin

Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 12/30/17 04:59 PM

I would like to wish everyone that ever purchased one of my maps or cds a very happy new year. Through the years I have enjoyed my association with all the people that I have had the pleasure to get to know in the process of making and publishing these maps. In particular the map of Lake Fork is very dear to me. It's been a while since we came out with something new and therefore some of you may have thought that we went out of business. I can assure you we're still here. Next year I have something very special in mind for Lake Fork. I'm currently in the process of developing it and I hope to have it out before or mid season for 2018. It will be web based and as usual (if you've used the map you will know) very comprehensive in content. It's been actually about 17 years since I came out with Lake Fork Unplugged. I'm curious...would anyone like to see something new like this come out for Lake Fork? If so please send me an e-mail at jimmymartin@martinsmap.com. I would love to hear your comments. Thank you all.
Jimmy Martin owner Martin's Map
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/01/18 08:32 PM

I use your map all the time. I have one in my truck in case Im talking to someone at work about Fork, I go get it to look at. I made a paper one from the CD and have it in a binder in the boat so I can flip through the pages and mark weigh points on it, and I also have one hanging up in my weekend place at Fork. I wish there was a way to put this on a map card for my Lowrance unit. That would be awesome.

I would be very interested in your new development.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/01/18 08:42 PM

Happy New Year Jimmy! It's been awhile.
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/01/18 09:30 PM

I have the map, the CD and the Book! Very good resource and I’ll be very interested to see what your future plans bring us!
Posted By: ForkedJames

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/01/18 10:01 PM

I would buy a card with your map for my Garmin. I use the laminated map way more than the map in my Garmin. Keep us posted please.
Posted By: DevinJoe

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/01/18 10:04 PM

Yes. Put the lake fork map on a chip for humminbird please
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/01/18 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: DevinJoe
Yes. Put the lake fork map on a chip for humminbird please

Me too.
Posted By: neill10

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/02/18 12:57 AM

155 bridge?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/02/18 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: neill10
155 bridge?

Yea I know, surprised he hasn't caught that however maybe he was talking about Lake Palestine, lol.
Posted By: Court

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/02/18 01:16 AM

Your map is my place mats on the dinner table at the lake house. Just in case wifey wants to start talking about her work day during supper.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/04/18 01:27 PM

Yes. Lake Fork Super Map on SD Card that can load to Lowrance and Humminbird units.
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/04/18 02:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Court
Your map is my place mats on the dinner table at the lake house. Just in case wifey wants to start talking about her work day during supper.
roflmao
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/04/18 07:22 PM

Can the old map,cd & book be purchased anywhere ?
they never go out of date
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/04/18 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: flukeman83
Can the old map,cd & book be purchased anywhere ?
they never go out of date

Right from the website.

http://www.martinsmap.com/
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/04/18 09:26 PM

Years ago I suggested that that wonderful lake fork map be magically transposed to my GPS chip,..how cool would that be...
say it's true...and put me down for two..!!! fish fish
Posted By: TX Cranker

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/04/18 10:37 PM

So, did the price go up, or is paypal trying to jack me? Says 14.95 on the website, 22.95 on paypal.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/05/18 02:44 PM

I've seen those maps at ET Sonar in Longview for $15. I'm surprise that someone had already done this as many guides that has come and gone on Fork since the 80s. The way technology is today i'ts just a matter of time someone going to put it on a chip.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/05/18 02:58 PM

Jimmy is the cover picture of the Sabine river on 42 looking west? I use to work on those wells years ago.
Posted By: TEXASJIGSTER

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/05/18 05:16 PM

Your right, I've duck hunted down years ago

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/06/18 12:57 AM

Thanks bogey for the comment. I just hope for your sake she's got a good sense of humor if she sees your post here.

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/06/18 01:01 AM

Yes sir Mr. 921 Phoenix it is. I currently live a couple miles from there. That river used to be pretty bad before government regulation stopped most of the bad stuff going in there. I've gone down it in a canoe from Gladewater to there before. Pretty scenery.

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/06/18 01:03 AM

Yes sir, Pete down at East Texas Sonar has been very good to us by consistently carrying our maps through the years. He's got a great store there in Longview.

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/06/18 01:24 AM

Mr. TX Cranker the last thing that I would ever want would be for someone to feel cheated during the process of purchasing one of these maps. That is correct. Our price through the web is $14.95 however you have to add tax and shipping. I wish we didn't have to deal with that either. Here are some things that I can't seem to find a way around......death, taxes, and shipping. I'm really not a regular on this site so you probably need to call Janie at 903-576-0115 for consistent answers for quires such as yours. You can also arrange refunds through her as well.

One of the nicest comments pertaining to one of these maps I ever got was from a young child. I think he was about 10 or 12 years old. This 12 year old told me that this map was the best present he ever got for Christmas. That comment made the 4 years it took to make the Fork map all worth while.

Thank you for your question.

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/06/18 01:26 AM

Jim, I wish I was smart enough to know how to do that. Unfortunately I'm already playing way above my limited ability.

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/06/18 01:28 AM

Thank you Gamblinman for your comment. The map is available at numerous places around Lake Fork. The Book and the CD however are mainly sold through Martinsmap.com. There may be one of two at some of the marinas but I would call them first before going.

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/06/18 01:50 AM

Wow! Ezbassin, I sure hope I don't screw this next thing up. Seriously I do hope that I can make this special for Lake Fork and anglers as yourself. It is a one of a kind lake. Yea it's a bee in a bell...it's a real hum dinger. Also several years ago I promised a lot of people that I would publish the Roberts CD. I do still have plans to do that. I have made major progress this last year towards that happening. So who knows what else I might have that sees light in 2018. I would like to open my records to all of you on all the stuff that I have on these lakes. It's years of good information. It seems that we may now have a usable platform that will enable that. I sure hope so. Thanks for the comment.
Posted By: TX Cranker

Re: Martin's Map - Lake Fork Unplugged - 01/08/18 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy Martin
Mr. TX Cranker the last thing that I would ever want would be for someone to feel cheated during the process of purchasing one of these maps. That is correct. Our price through the web is $14.95 however you have to add tax and shipping. I wish we didn't have to deal with that either. Here are some things that I can't seem to find a way around......death, taxes, and shipping. I'm really not a regular on this site so you probably need to call Janie at 903-576-0115 for consistent answers for quires such as yours. You can also arrange refunds through her as well.

One of the nicest comments pertaining to one of these maps I ever got was from a young child. I think he was about 10 or 12 years old. This 12 year old told me that this map was the best present he ever got for Christmas. That comment made the 4 years it took to make the Fork map all worth while.

Thank you for your question.

Jimmy, no sweat. I just didn't know if something was up with paypal is all. Going to order, regardless.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum