Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Waco Help Needed.

Posted By: CnTxSgt

Lake Waco Help Needed. - 09/04/17 05:51 AM

Little background. Grew up fishing down south in the Nueces River and Choke Canyon. It was too easy there. I cleaned up every time I fished for cats at Choke. Moved up north several years ago and never had much luck at all. Tried all over Lake Belton, Stillhouse, and even Granger. Well, I read up on Lake Waco and found out that it was one of Central Texas' best lakes for catfish. I went twice last month in the middle of the 100 degree heat and limited out both times. I took some sour grain and some Danny Kings and tore it up. Fast forward to today. I went out and baited my hole. Waited about 30 minutes and then went back to fish. I ran out of Danny Kings and all I had was CJ's Punchbait. Not even one bite. I was fishing in the exact same area that I limited out twice before. What did I do wrong? Is this normal? I am assuming that I needed to try another spot. Was fishing in about 6 ft of water. Not a good start with my new boat. Took it out the first time today and even got the wife to go along. I was gonna show her how to fish. Got skunked.... Should I be fishing a little deeper? I am not picky. I like both channel and blues. I cant wait till it gets a little cooler so I can try my hand at finding those blues in Waco.
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Lake Waco Help Needed. - 09/07/17 08:25 AM

you caught'em all
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Lake Waco Help Needed. - 09/07/17 01:20 PM

Don't forget Waco is a slot lake.
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Lake Waco Help Needed. - 09/08/17 03:32 AM

You can also use my Catfish Calendar to assist on Blues, Yellows, and Gator Gars. See the thread- "Lynn's Catfish Calendar". September has already been posted, along with KEY at the end of that post.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum