Texas Fishing Forum

Khale hooks on juglines?

Posted By: WillieRip

Khale hooks on juglines? - 08/28/17 07:01 PM

Any of you run khale hooks on juglines?
Posted By: sae

Re: Khale hooks on juglines? - 08/28/17 09:03 PM

I use large circle hooks.Been good to me.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Khale hooks on juglines? - 08/29/17 12:25 AM

As long as there are still triple action circle hooks and octopus hooks I see no practical reason to use khale hooks. Not that they won't work but the other choices work better and give me more confidence in hook-ups.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Khale hooks on juglines? - 08/29/17 12:35 AM

Kahle hooks really work better on attended lines where you have an opportunity to SET the hook.
Posted By: Catfish Lynn

Re: Khale hooks on juglines? - 08/29/17 01:16 AM

I have. They really catch. But the only problem is the very small eye. I made the mistake of using clasp brass barrel swivels. I lost a lot of big ones, as the clasp was pulled open & hook was gone. I think the biggest we caught was a 36# Blue. So it might be best to use a double barrel brass or SS swivel (without a clasp), and use a good mono strip to connect to hook. 50# test might be advised. That 36# was really great. The jug would vanish, then fire out of the water like a cannon in another spot. The Blue would regain strength for a few seconds then take it down again. I am thinking we chased that one for 2.5 to 5 minutes, as we just kept missing grabbing the jug before it dove once again.
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: Khale hooks on juglines? - 08/29/17 04:03 AM

Yeah, I use triple barrel swivels on my jugs. 36 lbs would be a a fun chase on a jug, babiiee!
Posted By: Cameron

Re: Khale hooks on juglines? - 09/10/17 04:30 PM

I use 7/0 on jugs....do well
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum