Texas Fishing Forum

Can't Find Denton Creek

Posted By: Uncletim1947

Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/21/17 12:59 PM

Well I guess I am blind. I have maps on this darn phone from Navionics, Apple and Google and cannot find where Denton Creek feeds into Lake Grapevine on any of them. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim
Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/21/17 01:28 PM

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/21/17 03:01 PM

Thank you so much.
Tim
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/21/17 11:09 PM

Once you get way back there it gets real shallow right before you roll over into the creek channel just out in front of that old boat ramp area. You can see the sandbar under water from this photo.

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/21/17 11:11 PM

You can now get into Marshall Creek all the way to the old concrete bridge. Can't get past that point and water is 5-6ft in the channel.
Posted By: bigdaddybray

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/22/17 01:09 AM

Did ya find Denton creek...

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/22/17 08:44 AM

I did. I drove to the Trophy Club boat ramp and looked around. The ramp really looked good/concrete. The only problem is that I didn't see a dock. I am not sure how to handle this situation since I don't want to block the ramp became there is no dock. Do yo have any suggestions? I have a Jon boat with a 15 hp tiller drive outboard.

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/22/17 01:02 PM

Get in there about daylight and there shouldn't be any crowd. Launch and beach right beside the ramp.
In winter time there may be duck hunter boats but this time of year it's not very busy.

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/22/17 01:31 PM

Will give it a go tomorrow morning.
Thanks again.

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/23/17 11:46 PM

Got on Denton Creek ~7:15. Only got 1 bite in 2 hours but got comfortable with the boat again as well as the ramp. I need to come up with a rig that doesn't get hung up as often. I will stay after it.
Thanks again.

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/24/17 01:11 PM

If you can catch the creek flowing muddy and rising there will be some flatheads up in there running the cut banks. Good worms and live perch or baby mudcat are best baits. Channels and blues will eat about anything when they are feeding up in the creek. PB flathead on rod and reel with hand dug red worms was 31 lb. Have caught a few flatties in the 10 to 15 lb size and many channels to 10 lbs. It can get good up there at times. Overall the best bait for me when the creek is muddy has been wild hand dug worms, not the store bought kind.

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/24/17 05:55 PM

My wife plants flowers and I have an old courtyard covered in dead leaves at my other house. I have lots of wild worms. I could sure use some advise on worm rigs for big and small fish.
Thanks again.

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 08/24/17 10:16 PM

I always used the old bronze eagle claw #2 bait holder for worms with a lead split weight about 12" above and fished it on the bottom. Let the current take it where it may. Feeding cats even flatheads will dredge the bottom in muddy water looking for worms etc. Most fish I catch are right up next to the bank in muddy water. 99.9% of my fishing Denton creek was from the bank anyway. Always tried to find a deep hole in the bend of the creek and fish the upper end where the bait would drift down and fall off into the hole next to the bank. That's where fish were waiting on food to drift down to them.
Posted By: Slab Killa

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 09/09/17 09:45 PM

Lakemaster maps
Posted By: Woodwzrd

Re: Can't Find Denton Creek - 09/13/17 10:22 PM

Gonna try there this weekend........
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum