Texas Fishing Forum

How to do with it?

Posted By: Chris Webster

How to do with it? - 08/01/17 10:08 AM

Got a 40 pounds catfish last night, you guys have any good ideas as how to do with it?
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: How to do with it? - 08/01/17 01:04 PM

I would have released it back. Probably too late for that now.
Posted By: TCK73

Re: How to do with it? - 08/01/17 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Webster
Got a 40 pounds catfish last night, you guys have any good ideas as how to do with it?

I cant tell from you post if you caught a 40 lb catfish or several totaling 40 lbs. If you caught a 40 lb'r, I would have CPR'd that fish. If you have 40 lbs of box fish, fry, grill, bake, blacken, broil, the possibilities are endless, you eat them how you like them.
Posted By: Blues

Re: How to do with it? - 08/01/17 02:01 PM

How to do with it? who_knows hmmm
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: How to do with it? - 08/01/17 02:15 PM

maybe he meant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGpFcHTxjZs
Posted By: Jake Blood

Re: How to do with it? - 08/01/17 02:44 PM

It is your fish my friend... do with it how you want.
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: How to do with it? - 08/01/17 03:11 PM

Take it to the nearest bridge and give it to the fellows that are fishing there. If no one is there, toss it in the water.
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: How to do with it? - 08/01/17 04:41 PM

Throw the big ones back, man.

Re: How to do with it? - 08/04/17 03:43 AM

I did do some of them you said banana

Re: How to do with it? - 08/04/17 03:44 AM

Yes, man,I just want to know if any good ideas eek

Re: How to do with it? - 08/04/17 03:45 AM

Sorry, but it's too late laugh
Posted By: bigcheessee

Re: How to do with it? - 08/04/17 11:18 PM

Buzzard breath. Lmao I keep going to 'what's love got to do w/it' by Tina turner. roflmao
Posted By: bigcheessee

Re: How to do with it? - 08/04/17 11:19 PM

I'm slow....hahahha got it
Posted By: KQT

Re: How to do with it? - 08/05/17 07:38 PM

Congrats on the big fish. I would have released as well for the following reasons. 1. Smaller fish are superior table fare. 2. Big fish replenish the resource. 3. A fish that old has been living in an environment full of runoff contaminants; pesticides, fertilizer, sewage, petroleum products and other chemicals I don't want to eat. Just my opinion. Again congrats on your fish!
Posted By: KQT

Re: How to do with it? - 08/05/17 07:43 PM

Big Cheese I'm slow too! Chris indeed said 40 pounds. Just never had someone refer to the total weight of a nights catch.
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: How to do with it? - 08/08/17 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: KQT
Congrats on the big fish. I would have released as well for the following reasons. 1. Smaller fish are superior table fare. 2. Big fish replenish the resource. 3. A fish that old has been living in an environment full of runoff contaminants; pesticides, fertilizer, sewage, petroleum products and other chemicals I don't want to eat. Just my opinion. Again congrats on your fish!

We catch and release all huge humpback blue catfish because they are not fit to eat unless you trim off all the red meat just like when you clean a striper. It leaves such a pitifully small amount to eat we just release them. We prefer channel catfish to eat by far.

Re: How to do with it? - 08/08/17 07:14 AM

Originally Posted By: KQT

Thank you but if I got your reply sooner hung
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum