Texas Fishing Forum

punchbait HELP !!!!!!!

Posted By: bigdaddybray

punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/17/17 04:00 AM

I have been using a homemade punchbait about 10 yrs now made by a gentleman at lake Brownwood...my fishing partner passed away and I always got the bait thru him and do not know if the bait maker is still living or not, have lost contact number { I have his name but do not want to put out his name publicly}...does anyone on the forum know him or his number. PM me with any info..thanks...I know it has cattails and cheese and shad from Tawakoni but that's all I know about it...not sure what other bait is similar but I have never caught so many cats Before using this bait. thanks for any help
Posted By: channeldiver

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/17/17 05:18 PM

Not sure, but I would like to know contact info. if you find it. I always like to try new punch bait that have some success behind them. My guess is you are talking about SureShot since the maker lives up in that direction. You can google Sureshot catfish bait and website will give you everything you need to know. Great stuff and works!

Sureshot is whitish colored punch bait and unlike any other which is typically brown.
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/17/17 05:36 PM

Someone ran a thread just like this awhile back. I saw many different answers and many different baits. The only bait manufacturer I know of around Brownwood is a friend of mine from Stephenville. His name is Jerry Martin and his bait is J-Pig. It sells in every bait store around Brownwood. Or, you can get it straight from Jerry at J-Pig Bait

It certainly works and has all the ingredients you listed. Curtis

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/17/17 05:47 PM

I think Sure Shot is made near Decatur,Tx?
Posted By: Big Sam

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/17/17 06:39 PM

I bet its Lewis king his has small minnows in it popcorn

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/17/17 07:39 PM

It should have a stamp or label on the container? Never seen one that didn't.

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/18/17 01:48 AM

Thanks for the responses...its not sure shot...I will check on jpg...the stuff I have was never sold in stores...would buy it 5 gallon bucket at a time

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/18/17 02:04 AM

Thanks Littlefeather...looked at j pig and the pic of him mixing it looks similar..
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/18/17 02:11 AM

Yessir! You're welcome! Jerry sells 5 gal buckets preferably. Delivery is a bit more coin though. Good luck!
Posted By: honey hole

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/19/17 01:54 PM

Pm me and I'll give you the skinny on who you seek...

Re: punchbait HELP !!!!!!! - 07/19/17 06:53 PM

Pm sent
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum