Texas Fishing Forum

Worlds record catfish

Posted By: Trebor Neil

Worlds record catfish - 07/12/17 07:10 PM

Just noticed that a fella in California claims he has caught a worlds record catfish,

"'Monster' catfish reeled in by California fisherman"

"The fish was about 35 inches long from nose to tail and weighed nearly 30 pounds. "

?? Whos world does he live in ?
Posted By: Caribou

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/12/17 07:22 PM

Depends on what kind of catfish it was. Could be a world record bullhead or something like that.
Posted By: Blues

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/12/17 07:30 PM

It was a channel cat. The "world record" part is referring to the line size he caught it with. Biggest ever caught on light tackle is what the headline should say. Either way a 30lb channel is awesome.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/12/17 07:35 PM

World record line classes have some surprisingly small fish because people don't submit their catches.

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/13/17 12:15 AM

" The "world record" part is referring to the line size he caught it with"

Sorry, must have missed that, will go back and read again.
Posted By: Caribou

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/13/17 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Blues
It was a channel cat. The "world record" part is referring to the line size he caught it with. Biggest ever caught on light tackle is what the headline should say. Either way a 30lb channel is awesome.

I should have thought of that. That makes sense. I believe there are world records for every poundage of line for a lot of species.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/14/17 08:38 AM

Betty caught Trebor on 10# test and he was a world record and tried to catch&release but the ole coot wouldn't leave.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/14/17 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek
World record line classes have some surprisingly small fish because people don't submit their catches.

Very true. thumb

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/14/17 12:56 PM

[quote=jackiekennedyfishingguide]Betty caught Trebor on 10# test and he was a world record and tried to catch&release but the ole coot wouldn't leave. [/quote

Very true, lets just go fisnen :)"

btw: Shes really doing good after the shoulder complete replacement, told me yesterday to get her fishing equipment in shape.
Posted By: jackiekennedyfishingguide

Re: Worlds record catfish - 07/15/17 02:36 AM

Hit me up when you and Betty can come. At Port O'Connor but be home tomorrow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum