Texas Fishing Forum

Chicken livers or worms on lake ray Robert's

Posted By: Catfanman

Chicken livers or worms on lake ray Robert's - 06/28/17 01:26 AM

We was going to go to lake tawakoni then my family changed there mind s so we might be going to lake ray Robert's so I was wondering which would y'all use live night crawler s or fresh chicken livers or is there another bait that's better. I would use shad but I'm terrible at throwing a castnet and I would use Danny kings punch bait but my parents won't allow it on the boat
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Chicken livers or worms on lake ray Robert's - 06/28/17 11:21 AM

Get you some of the that Stubby's. They say it doesn't seem stink.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Chicken livers or worms on lake ray Robert's - 06/28/17 12:26 PM

I might drift near the island by the dam with fresh shrimp. The fresh shrimp is actually cheaper than the rotten Tv bait shrimp.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Chicken livers or worms on lake ray Robert's - 06/28/17 12:28 PM

Also keep a couple of poles rigged up with a black and silver rattletrap for when the sandies surface.
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Chicken livers or worms on lake ray Robert's - 06/28/17 02:08 PM

Worms stay on the hook a lot better than livers. I can often catch multiple fish from 1 worm; but one bite on livers and the bait is gone. For me personally, both offer about the same results as far as number of bites.

But more often than not, I'll use the worms to catch perch and use them for cut bait.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Chicken livers or worms on lake ray Robert's - 06/28/17 05:08 PM

Garlic soaked chicken breast is my #2 preferred bait in RayBob but I fish way back in the trees mostly cool weather. Bluegill work good, about like chicken breast for me. The store by the dam has bluegills. Of course nuttin beats Shad if you can get some. No reason cut bait like carp or buffalo won't be good up there.
I soak the chicken strips in minced garlic overnite and cut into 2" chunks on a #8 octopus hook or circle hook. Easy to use and not a lot of mess. Stays on the hook until something eats it.
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Chicken livers or worms on lake ray Robert's - 06/28/17 08:25 PM

Shad or sunfish if you have a thrownet, can catch some in most anywhere..... docks, ramps, most shoreline...

2nd bait is punch bait. Used to use livers but have never touched it since using punch bait. Works even better IMO and don't have to touch it!!!

Eric
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum