Texas Fishing Forum

Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing?

Posted By: WillieRip

Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing? - 06/21/17 02:45 PM

I went out yesterday to break in my new motor. Got caught in the rain. Raining now. I'm happy the drought has been broken.
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing? - 06/21/17 09:26 PM

It should be well to the east of us, mostly hitting near the Texas/Louisiana border. I have a trip planned for Lake Fork, so I hope the catfish are biting then.
Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME

Re: Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing? - 06/21/17 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD
It should be well to the east of us, mostly hitting near the Texas/Louisiana border. I have a trip planned for Lake Fork, so I hope the catfish are biting then.

Good luck when ya go Wayne... Hope ya have a dang good time pardner!!! PRIME... cheers thumb fish

Re: Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing? - 06/22/17 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: OPTIMUS PRIME
Originally Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Good luck when ya go Wayne... Hope ya have a dang good time pardner!!! PRIME... cheers thumb fish

Can't wait to go. Haven't been on a lake in a boat in over a year.. Good hearing from you Rick. I sure miss seeing your post with the biggunns, come on winter..
Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing? - 06/22/17 06:50 PM

I plan to go below G Dam Saturday after the rain passes through. They are releasing tons of water this week (55k per second).
Posted By: HumanSeine

Re: Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing? - 06/23/17 12:40 PM

Sgt, you will catch fish on your Stubbys. I spent 3 days on fork this past week. I caught fish in shallow on corks, also in 20 foot deep and 30 foot deep. I throw cubes in several locations and then start fishing them in order. I guess I need to have an order on how I do things lol. Each day my electric knife was very warm at the cleaning table. Now I prefer to fish deeper water because I miss fewer fish. I did notice that the fish seem to prefer their Stubbys near a big tree. So my braid got hung a few times.
Posted By: LowBudget Fishin

Re: Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing? - 06/23/17 04:28 PM

HumanSeine - I plan on going to Fork tomorrow as well. I normally fish deep (26-30) but with the weather like it will be tomorrow I figured the shallow bite tomorrow maybe better.
How deep are you fishing when shallow ?

Re: Tropical Storm Cindy, Anyone Fishing? - 06/23/17 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: HumanSeine
Sgt, you will catch fish on your Stubbys. I spent 3 days on fork this past week. I caught fish in shallow on corks, also in 20 foot deep and 30 foot deep. I throw cubes in several locations and then start fishing them in order. I guess I need to have an order on how I do things lol. Each day my electric knife was very warm at the cleaning table. Now I prefer to fish deeper water because I miss fewer fish. I did notice that the fish seem to prefer their Stubbys near a big tree. So my braid got hung a few times.

Well,I didn't get to make it. I have a boat, but have never been to Fork in it. I do not know Fork at all. Prefer not to go out on Fork alone. Maybe one day I can go out with someone in my boat that knows Fork real good. With my fishing lately, I've bypassed the cleaning station.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum