Texas Fishing Forum

Where can i get some bullheads?

Posted By: txcrappieman

Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/20/17 11:02 PM

Ive been wanting to try some bullheads for flatheads here lately. Ive tried a few places I KNOW i used to catch em, but no luck so far. Anybody here generous enough to maybe lead me in the right direction? I live in Italy, Tx
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/21/17 01:21 AM

Know anybody that has a stock tank that always has muddy water? That's where I would start.

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/21/17 02:49 AM

Thank you! Thats what my son and I have been looking for. Hes 6 and hes got the bug. I wanna keep it going. I dont know any farmers here yet
Posted By: Jacky Wiggins

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/21/17 02:52 AM

I know Rhudasil Pond and the pond at John Leonard park in Flower Mound are both loaded with them.

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/21/17 01:31 PM

Ok cool, its a hike but i may have to make the trip and stock up. Thank you!
Posted By: jmh004

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/21/17 01:41 PM

What part of the state are you located in?
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/21/17 03:46 PM

Only places I know are in DFW also but are closer to you than Flower Mound... PM me if you want to know. There are probably places closer to you just need to find catfishermen that fish the lakes near you. Try a local farmers market and ask around for people that have ponds and ask about catching bullheads out of them for bait. Definitely offer to bring some fillets of what you catch with the bait in exchange!

Eric
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/21/17 11:00 PM

Chisholm Park pond in Hurst is full of the bait stealing things. Small perch hook and a piece of hotdog will catch all you want. This time of year you will see big clouds of bullhead fry swimming along the edges in the cypress roots.

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/22/17 11:16 AM

Awesome advice!! Thank yall so much!

Re: Where can i get some bullheads? - 06/22/17 06:28 PM

I live in italy, but work in south dallas. So anywhere pretty much on ellis county would be fair game for me. Thanks again yall
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum