Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 5-27

Posted By: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀

Lewisville 5-27 - 05/27/17 06:24 PM

Fished the rollers this morning with my neighbor and got on some gooduns early...bite was much slower today but we worked our tail off and ended up with 25. All fish released to fight another day.

Posted By: Juggnblues

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/27/17 10:04 PM

Wow! Those are some mule's y'all had a heck of a morning.

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/27/17 10:46 PM

Thanks bud! cheers We got lucky! thumb
Posted By: mjmetro0719

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 12:31 AM

Nice work! Good to see a good payoff fishing those rollers!
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 12:58 AM

Alright! Good job on some nice ones! How you like them orange reels? I am impressed with mine so far. Just lacking a good "drag burner" for further review.

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 01:33 AM

Thanks gentleman cheers those orange reels can handle anything you throw at em Curtis...I like mine a lot but I found these blue customs on catfish connection for less $$ and more upgrades.
Posted By: GetSlimed

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 03:15 AM

Looks cool! Is that the 6000 electric blue?
Posted By: Juggnblues

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 11:44 AM

Had one of my Abu (Catfish Specials) yanked out of a rod holder last year, not a good feeling when you turn around to grab the pole and is gone. OMG

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 11:54 AM

C3 6500 trophy collection bluecat custom...I think they are out of stock but next time your lookin to get a new reel I would check with them first...I got 4 of the blues for $125 a piece ...you can get a tricked out camo pro rocket for the same price as the orange c3.

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Juggnblues
Had one of my Abu (Catfish Specials) yanked out of a rod holder last year, not a good feeling when you turn around to grab the pole and is gone. OMG
. Terrible feeling! bang have had that happen a few times while control drifting out the back....turned a little to sharp while zig zagging the channel and looked back and rod was gone! Same thing happened turning too sharp while planer boarding out the back but thank god it was still hooked up to the planer and we recovered that one.
Posted By: Littlefeather

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 02:18 PM

Good looking reels! Here's my fix for those white rod's. Rednecked those horrible gimble's with a hacksaw and a belt sander.
They are now 6'10 1/2" but much more user friendly.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 02:22 PM

Nice fish.

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 02:25 PM

They are a little snug getting them out of my bee ready's but my rocket launchers have gimbals in em so the ugly sticks are actually my preference when running my planers out the back of boat on my rocket launcher spreaders..keeps the rods from twisting in the holders
Posted By: J Lowe

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 04:04 PM

What a day!
Posted By: GetSlimed

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: El Gato Azul
C3 6500 trophy collection bluecat custom...I think they are out of stock but next time your lookin to get a new reel I would check with them first...I got 4 of the blues for $125 a piece ...you can get a tricked out camo pro rocket for the same price as the orange c3.

Saw that camo version...pretty sweet. I need to hold off for a bit on purchasing any new equipment, momma got a little peeved when I mentioned wanting to trade my boat in on a new Blazer Bay. wife roflmao

Re: Lewisville 5-27 - 05/28/17 10:54 PM

I hear ya Kurtis! If momma ain't happy, nobody's is! taz You gotta slip little hints in for a couple of months before you drop a bomb like that. I started by telling mine my boat was a tight fit, your a big dude, you almost fell overboard, probably should have got a a little safer boat, blah blah blah...after a month or 2 of slipping hints she will practically think it's her own idea..lol P.S. don't ever listen to any advise I give! It could get you killed wife hung
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum